Aarogya Raksha is a health insurance scheme launched by former CMO Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandrababu Naidu on 1st January, 2017. This scheme basically aims at providing health insurance cover to Below Poverty Line (BPL) as well as Above Poverty Line (APL) families across the state of Andhra Pradesh. This scheme is applicable to every single resident of the state, to provide good health care mechanism.
Aarogya Raksha Overview:
|Scheme name:||Aarogya Raksha|
|Launched on:||1st January, 2017|
|Launched by:||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Beneficiaries:||APL and BPL families in Andhra Pradesh|
|State applicable to:||Andhra Pradesh|
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide health insurance to Below poverty line families as well as Above poverty line families in the state.
- This insurance is aimed at providing health care protection to each and every person of the family without having to pay for the entire cost of medical treatment of the insured.
- Improving overall quality of health care for everyone in the state, in the long run.
- This scheme covers various diseases, and provides cashless treatment to the patients under this cover.
- It also includes the follow up treatments. Follow up treatments are those which are lined up after the main treatment of the patients, like regular medical check-up, blood test, imaging test, etc.
- Under this scheme, many government and private hospitals have bunched up together for providing treatments which will help the patients to reach the nearest network hospital and get treated fast.
- Ayurvedic treatments are also available for the patients which prefer the same.
- Good quality of health care, and that too while spending less, is the criteria achieved under this scheme.
Documents Required for Applying:
- Aadhaar Card
- Address proof
How to enroll:
- For enrolling under Aarogya Raksha, the applicant can visit any insurance company’s site and select the option for Aarogya Raksha, fill in the form and make the premium payment as per the plan preferred
- The other way to enroll is through any public place which provide form filling, internet services etc. That operator will need the Aadhaar no. and through OTP mode, the operator will finish the registration.
- For downloading the health card, the applicant himself can visit the official site at ysraarogyasri.ap.gov.in
- Then the applicant is supposed to click, on the Aarogya Raksha tab, which will open the page for Aarogya Raksha with details and enrollment option.
- To download the Health Card, lick on ‘Click her to enroll’ tab, and enter the Aadhaar number and click on Go. Then verify the mobile no. via OTP and download the Health Card.