The Himachal Pradesh government announced a Dev Bhoomi Darshan Yojana to provide free/subsidized pilgrimage to the senior citizens in the state. The state government will facilitate visits to the famous temples and pilgrimage sites for the elderly citizens of the state. There are close to seven lakh senior citizens in the Himachal Pradesh and all those from the BPL families are beneficiaries of the scheme. The primary objective of the scheme is to protect them from neglect and loneliness.
HP Dev Bhoomi Darshan Yojana: A free/subsidized pilgrimage scheme by the Himachal government for the senior citizens.
Dev Bhoomi Darshan Yojana Objectives: To protect elders from the loneliness and neglect
Dev Bhoomi Darshan Yojana Benefits:
- Free pilgrimage travel for the senior citizens above 80 years of age
- 50% discount subsidy for the senior citizens below 80 years of age
- 80% discount on the fair for the assistant accompanying senior citizens above 80 years of age
Eligibility / Who can get free pilgrimage travel?
- The scheme is applicable only to the residents of the Himachal Pradesh
- The scheme is applicable for senior citizens only and an assistant accompanying them
- The scheme is for elders of poor families
- The family income of the elderly citizen should not be more than Rs. 1 lakh per year
The district committees in each of the districts will implement the scheme. The Deputy Commissioner of each of the district will be the chairman of the committees. The travel period under the scheme will be one week. The free travel under Dev Bhoomi Darshan Yojana will be available once in three years. The district language officer will be working on creating awareness about the scheme.
HP Aaj Purani Rahon Se Yojana: A HP government scheme to protect and promote cultural, historical and archaeological heritage of the state. The main objective of the scheme is to conserve ancient cultural heritage of the state.
Other Important Schemes: