GP Birla scholarship is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies after class 12. The scholarship is given by G.P. Birla Educational Foundation. The foundation was established to carry forward the cherished dream of Late Shri G.P. Birla, the renowned Industrialist, and Philanthropist. Through the GP Birla scholarship, the Foundation wants to promote education, develop human resources and empower the youth of the Country. GP Birla scholarship is for further studies after class 12 may be in Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary and Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University in India.
Benefits of the G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship:
- The scholarship will be given to 65 students in one year at a time. Until last year, the award was given to 50 students.
- Tuition & Hostel Fees: GP Birla Scholarship amount will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees (if applicable) subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000 per student per year.
- Books Allowance: Additional one-time payment of Rs. 7000 towards the purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
- The Scholarship will be granted for one year at a time. It would be continued until the completion of the Course.
- It would be renewed on a yearly basis, subject to performance by the student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship:
- The candidate should belong to West Bengal state
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have cleared class 12 or equivalent in the year 2017.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant should have secured 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% or more from Central Board or have secured rank in top 15,000 in JEE / AIPMT Entrance Exam.
- Financial Status: Students in need of financial help to pursue further studies
- Further studies after class 12 may be in Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy or Company Secretary or Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University in India.
Document Required for G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship:
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue higher studies.
- A Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examinations.
- A Copy of any other certificates for extracurricular achievements, etc.
- Proof of Income: Either one on the following documents is to be submitted as a proof of income
- A Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, in case the Father or Mother, is in Employment with Government or Private Sector.
- A Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars or Councillors, in any other case.
- The application process for GP Birla Scholarship is offline and the application form can be downloaded from the download section of the website.
- Students who meet the above criteria of merit and need financial assistance for pursuing further studies may apply for the scholarship by downloading the application form from the official website of GP Birla Scholarship. http://www.gpbirlaedufoundation.com/APPLICATION-FORM.pdf
- The candidate has to fill the application form and get it attested by the head of the institution from where they have passed class 12 or from where they have taken admission
- Those who want Application Form sent to them by post may send a stamped self-addressed envelope to address given in contact details section on this page
- Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution to the following address
- Only students from West Bengal will be chosen for the scholarship.
- For more information applicant can contact to following address: P. Birla Educational Foundation, 1582, Rajdanga Main Road, Southend Conclave, 4 Floor, Kolkata – 700 107
- Phone No: 033-24414542 / 24414456
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship visit: http://gpbirlaedufoundation.com/