Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship was launched in 2004 in honor of Late Dr. Anita Borg who believed that technology affects all aspects of our economic, political, social and personal lives. Google Anita Borg Scholarship supports women in Computer Science or a closely related technical field. It encourages women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders in the field. Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships are offered in Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, China, Europe, Middle East, United States and India. To apply for the scholarship the candidates also have to submit solutions to three essay questions in the language they are more comfortable in. From the applications received, a group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be selected. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All the selected female candidates will be offered a financial award for the academic session by Google.
Benefits of Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship:
- A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool across Australia, China Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and India.
- The selected candidates will receive a scholarship amount specific to their local region in respect to tuition Fees and the following reward:
- Scholarship for Tuition Fee: The Scholarship amount will be directly distributed by Google for use towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- Attend Google Scholars Retreat: Selected candidates will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ retreat in the Hyderabad office from August to September 2017. As an Anita Borg Scholar, you will participate in a unique program that includes professional development as well as outreach in your community and it will be conducted in Summer 2017.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship:
- Be a female student admitted in the undergraduate or postgraduate course in the 2017-18 academic session.
- Be a student of a university in Asia Pacific Region.
- Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply
- Be pursuing higher studies in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
- Candidates can apply regardless of their citizenship
- Kindly Note: Candidates studying at a polytechnic or institute of technology and it awards the university-equivalent, three-year, bachelor’s or postgraduate degree, are also eligible to apply provided they meet all the above-mentioned eligibility requirements too.
- The eligible candidates can fill the application form after downloading it from the link given below: Online Applications: Click Here to apply
- General background information: Candidates are required to fill in the contact information and information about their current and intended academic for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Submit Resume: Candidates have to upload their resume in the language they feel most comfortable with.
- Academic Records: Candidates have to upload Academic transcripts of their current university and past institution if currently in graduate school.
- Essay: Candidates have to write Responses to three essay questions in the language they are most comfortable in.
- The scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses
- The applicant has any queries regarding the scholarship can contact to following email IDs.
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship visit: https://www.womentechmakers.com/scholars