The government of India, Ministry of Rural Development had launched the scheme called as Himayat Scheme (HS) for Jammu and Kashmir state. Under the scheme, training cum placement will be provided to the unemployed youth of Jammu and Kashmir state. Under the program short terms trainings of the duration of 3 months will be provided. The courses are selected in the fields which are in demands. Government also provides assured jobs to the youth under the program.
The objective of the scheme is to make sure that the youth in the state are employment ready. Government wants to make sure that the youth gets a skill based trainings which can be used to get a job or to create self employment.
The JK governments aims is to train at least one lakh youth of the state in 5 years and to provide jobs at least 75,000 of them. The placement of the youth will be done largely in service in JK and also outside the state. In the next 5 years, the training centers will be established in all blocks of JK.
What is the Himayat Scheme (HS)?
The government of India, Ministry of Rural Development scheme for the state of Jammu and Kashmir state to provide training and placements to the youth in the state.
Himayat Scheme (HS): Objective
- To provide training and placement for unemployed youth of the state
- To provide a sustainable life for the youth of the state
- To empower youth and their families
- To create self-employment opportunities
Himayat Scheme (HS): Benefits
- Rs. 2,000 per month will be provided after the completion of the trainings and joining some job. This money will be given after 6 months and for which pay slips for the last six months are required for the same. This amount of Rs. 12,000 is given to make sure the youth continues the job. This amount is called as post placement support.
- On completion of 6/9 months training Rs. 1,000 per month as post-placement support will be provided as these students will get high paying jobs
- These youth will be placed with a salary of Rs. 8000 to Rs. 12000 per months
Himayat Scheme (HS): Eligibility
- The scheme is applicable only to the youth in Jammu Kashmir state
- Applicable to the age group between 18-35
- School/college dropouts students will be given priority
Himayat Scheme (HS): Helpline / Contacts
Website: himayat.org / Phone No: +91-9596693809
Himayat Scheme (HS): Implementation & Highlights
- This scheme was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India for the state of Jammu and Kashmir
- Training & placement will be provided through this scheme to the unemployed youth of the state
- Short-term skill training of 3 months will be provided
- The training will be provided by the private sector companies and NGOs
- The objective of the scheme to provide training 1,00,000 youth in 5 years and at least 75% them will be given jobs
- The training centers will be established to all blocks of the state
- Trainees will be getting support after training as well as during placement
- The training will include computer-based skill, soft skills and English communication skills
- 74,346 youth have been trained and 56829 youth have been placed through this scheme
More Details & References