Indian Oil Corporation invites applications for budding sportspersons for Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme. The duration of the scholarship is for 3 years and the scholarship will be renewed every year after examining the performance of the sportspersons. Indian Oil Scholarship for Sports will be awarded to sportspersons within the age-group of 14–19 years and there are total 140 awards available. The Scholarship amount provided to the sportsperson ranges from Rs. 1,08,000 to Rs. 1,68,000 per year. The aim of the scholarship is to create a pool of talented sportspersons out of which appointment under sports quota can be done for the Indian Oil. The scholarship will be given in two categories i.e., ‘Elite Scholar’ and ‘Scholar’ to budding youngsters in sports arena for the following games:
1)Cricket 2) Hockey 3) Basketball 4) Volleyball 5) Football 6) Kabaddi 7) Tennis 8) Billiards & Snooker 9) Golf 10) Carrom 11) Badminton 12) Chess 13) Archery 14) Boxing 15) Gymnastics 16) Shooting 17) Swimming 18) Wrestling 19) Table Tennis 20) Athletics
Benefits of the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship:
- Indian Oil Scholarship for Sports will be offered to 140 sportspersons and Scholarship is granted for the period of 3 years.
- The amount of scholarship will depend upon the type of game being played by the sportsperson and the category under which the scholarship is being offered to the sportspersons.
- The sportsperson who is selected in the category of Scholar will get Rs. 9000 per month for the 1st year, Rs. 10,000/- per month in the 2nd year and Rs. 11,000/- per month in 3rd year
- The sportsperson who is selected in the category of Elite Scholar will get Rs. 12,000 per month for the 1st year, Rs. 13,000/- per month in the 2nd year and Rs. 14,000/- per month in 3rd year
- The Scholarship needs to be renewed every year for its continuation. The performance of the sportsperson in the previous year will be reviewed and only after that, the scholarship will be renewed for the next year.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship:
- The applicant must be older than 14 years but younger than 19 years as on December 30, 2016.
- The given information gives the criteria for deciding the category i.e. ‘Elite Scholar’ and ‘Scholar’ of the Scholarship
- For Team game (Sr. No. 1 to 6 above)
- Scholar: Representing state team at junior or senior level
- Elite Scholar: Representing country at junior or senior level
- Individual Game (Sr. No.7 to 20 above)
- Scholar: National ranking between 6-15 in juniors or sub-juniors or semi-finalist/finalist in national championship
- Elite Scholar: National ranking between 1-5 in juniors or sub-juniors or semi-finalist/finalist in national championship
Documents required for Indian Oil Sports Scholarship:
- Proof of date of birth
- Indian Oil Scholarship Application form for Sports is available on the Indian Oil website.
- The students can either e-mail the filled in the application form or send it via post to the concerned authorities.
- Candidates need to click on the link to fill an online application form of Indian Oil Sports Scholarship. Click here to apply
- The sportsperson should submit the application necessarily in the formats given with all columns duly filled.
- Completely filled application forms need to be sent to the address given in contact detail section of this page along with all required documents:
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: Shri Mandar Phadke Manager (Admn), Indianoil Corporation Ltd., G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051
- Phone No: 022-26447214
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Indian Oil Sports Scholarship visit: https://www.iocl.com/AboutUs/IndianOilSports.aspx