The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) has launched an online training platform KITE’s Online Open Learning (KOOL) / kool.itschool.gov.in Students, teachers and general public can register on the platform and take benefits of the online learning resources on the platform. The objective of the platform is to make use of technology for in the education and make learning interesting and affordable for all. The KOOL will start training teachers in the first phase. Teachers are requested to register online for KOOL trainings. The trainings for the first batch starts from 25th November 2018.
The KITE’s Online Open Learning (KOOL) has been designed based on the MOOC (Massive Open online Course) model and is used across the world. The Kerala Government is very proactive in using IT and ITC based educational tools and has gone hi-tech in the field of learning. The Kerala state government`s goal is to lead the way in digital eduction in India.
Teachers and students can register on KOOL platform, take trainings, take assignments, submit assignments, communicate with the mentor.
KOOL / SAMAGRA Registrations & Login:
SAMAGRA an online learning platform for Keralites. It`s an e-resource portal developed by KITE and SCERT. It is a digital repository of the education material based on the class 1st till class 12th syllabus. Registrations for KOOL can be done only through SAMAGRA portal.
STEP 1: CLICK HERE to go to the SAMAGRA registration page
STEP 2: Provide all the details such as name, phone, email, permanent employee number, username, school, category, user type, category, subject, password and click on Sign Up button to complete the SAMAGRA registration
STEP 3: CLICK HERE to go to the KOOL login page, provide your SAMAGRA username and password to login
KITE’s Online Open Learning (KOOL) Features:
- A learning management system
- Has animated learning assistance and video tutorials
- The platform has 200 mentors
- Has the capability to train 4000 people at a time
- KITE trainings are mandatory for the probationary teachers
- They need to undergo trainings for 45 hours
- 5000 teachers has taken such courses from KITE
- The first KITE KOOL batch will have 2,500 teachers who will receive trainings
- There will be one mentor for a batch of 20 teachers
- It will be a 6 week training program which includes MS word, spreadsheet, presentation, image editing, video-audio editing, development of digital resources, Malayalam typing, internet and educational applications
- All the teachers will be given course completion certificate