The CM HD Kumaraswami led Karnataka Government has launched various welfare schemes for the state farmers. The objective of the list of innovative agri-sector schemes is to financially support farmers & provide double their income. The state government has alloted the budget of Rs. Rs. 46,853 for the state farmer welfare schemes in the budget 2019-20.
List of Karnataka Government Schemes for Farmers:
- Processing Units: Established processing units for Mango & Tomato in Ramanagara, Dharwad & Kolar districts respectively
- Establishment of Quality Analysis & Processing Units: To increase the self-life of the agricultural products, quality analysis & processing units to be setup at 5 places in the state. A budget of Rs. 160 crore is allocated.
- Karavali Package: Incentive of Rs. 7,500 crores per hector for improvement of Paddy yield in the coastal region.
- Increased Incentives to the Milk Produces: Incentive amount hiked from Rs. 5 to Rs. 6 for the milk producers. A budget of Rs. 2,502 crores allocated.
- Price Deficiency Payment Scheme: A budget of Rs. 50 crore allocated in case the price of the Onion, Potato, Tomato falls below the MSP.
- Farm Ponds: A budget of Rs. 120 crores for constructing farm ponds in the dry areas of the state.
- Waiver of farmers crop loan: Karnataka farmer`s crop loan of Rs. 12,650 crores waived off
- Raitha Siri: Incentive of Rs. 10,000 per hector for millet growers
- Gruhalakshmi Crop Loan: Loan at low interest rates of 3% to the small & marginal farmers against gold
- Special Package for Grape & Pomegranate: Rs. 150 crore for Grape & Pomegranate growers
- Watershed Programs: Rs. 100 crores allocated for watershed programs.
- Zero Budget Farming: A grant of Rs. 40 crores for agricultural equipments under Zero Budget Farming.
- Sericulture: Karnataka Silk Marketing Board to be revamped to ensure stable price for raw silk.
- CM`s Micro Irrigation Schemes: Grant of Rs. 368 crores for farmers to install drip irrigation system at the subsidy of 90%.
- Fisheries: 50% subsidy to boost Prawn & Fish farming
- Israel Model Agriculture: Rs. 145 crores allocated for profitable farming using minimum water.
- Irrigation & Power: Budget of Rs. 27,153 crores are allocated for various irrigation projects & free power supply to farmers.
- Raitha Kanaja: Budget of Rs. 512 crores is allocated for MSP for 12 notified crops.