Under the state scheme- Madhu babu Pension Yojana (MBYJ), the Odisha government has announced 4 months advance pension for the beneficiaries. The government has advanced the pension for next 4 months i.e. September, October, November and December. This pension has been advanced keeping in mind the current pandemic situations all over. This update was announced by Mr. Ashok Chandra Panda, the State minister for Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
|Scheme name:||Madhu Babu Pension Scheme (MBYJ)|
|Scheme under:||Odisha Government|
|Implemented by:||Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Scheme category:||Pension scheme|
|Beneficiaries:||Old people with age 60 years and above, destitute, widows, differently abled (mentally/physically)|
|Current Update:||Advance Pension of next 4 months i.e. September, October, November and December has been rolled out.|
|Update announced by:||Mr. Ashok Chandra Panda, Minister of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
Objectives and Benefits:
- This scheme aims to provide social security to the beneficiaries in the state
- The current update of advance pension is made to provide assistance to the beneficiaries in such crucial times of pandemic
- This will enable the beneficiaries to get advance pension of 4 months as financial assistance
- Aadhaar requirement is also now relieved rather on spot Aadhaar enrollment option is provided, so that no person is left out from availing the benefit
- Odisha government provide advance pension to the beneficiaries mainly keeping in mind the current pandemic situations
- Initially such advance pension was provided for the months of April, May, June and July.
- In the month of August, the beneficiaries were given additional Rs. 1000/- due to the pandemic
- Now again the advance pension for the months of September, October, November and December is provided to the beneficiaries
- The pension amount varies from Rs. 500-1000/- as per various categories.
- The mandatory requirement of Aadhaar is also now relieved, so that no person is left out from availing the benefit
- The people with no Aadhaar verification can apply for the same and finish the enrollment process at the same time
- Aadhaar applications will be provided to the beneficiaries
- Total 48 lakh people are availing the benefits of pension schemes of the state and centre.
- Out of which, 28 lakh beneficiaries are under Madhu babu Pension Yojana and the rest under NSAP
- Mandatory requirement of Aadhaar left 20% of the total beneficiaries in the state from availing the benefit, thus to avoid this issue the government has decided to conduct Aadhaar enrollment there and then.