The Madhya Pradesh Government has announced Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana 2018 for registered labourers of the unorganized sector and BPL families. The objective of the scheme is to make sure that all the households in the MP to have electricity. Under the scheme poor families will be provided electricity at subsidized rate of Rs. 200. The scheme is approved by the state cabinet and announced by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
What is Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana? A scheme to provide free electricity connection and subsidized power to the poor families in MP.
Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana: Objectives
- To make sure that all the families in the MP should have electricity connection
- To empower poor families in the state
Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana: Benefits
- Free electricity connections
- Subsidized electricity at the cost of Rs. 200 per month
- If the electricity bill is less than Rs. 200 then actual bill needs to be paid
- If the bill amount is more than Rs. 200 then the difference is paid by the state government
- The beneficiaries can use a fan, a television, and bulbs under the scheme
Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana: Eligibility / Beneficiaries
- The scheme is applicable only to the citizens of Madhya Pradesh
- Registered labourers of the unorganized sector
- Below poverty lines / BPL families
- People who are not using air-conditioners, electric heaters and whose power consumption is below 1000 watts
Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana: Application form & how to apply?
The scheme is just launched, the government is yet to come up with the application form and application details. Once they are available the section will be updated.
Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana Madhya Pradesh: Highlights
- A free electricity connection & subsidized power at Rs. 200 per month to the labourers and BPL families in the state
- Bijli Bill Mafi Yojana (BBMY) / Power Bill Waiver Scheme (PBWS) scheme too is launched effective from 1st June 2018
- 88 lakh families in the state to get benefits of the scheme
- The scheme is applicable from 1st June 2018
- The scheme is likely to cost Rs. 1000 crores to the state government annually