National Overseas Scholarship for SC candidates is an initiative launched by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. It is the SC Scholarship to study abroad. Those students or professionals belonging to Schedule Castes who scored 55% marks in their Bachelor’s and Masters can apply for this scholarship to pursue Masters’/ Ph.D. in overseas institutes. Finance is a big issue for those candidates who want to continue their study but they can’t do due to lack of money. With the help of this scheme Masters and Ph. D level candidates can continue their studies without any worry. Candidates must have required eligibility for achieving this scholarship. Out of total 100 scholarships which are to be granted, 30% of the scholarships are allotted to female applicants.
Fields of study eligible for National Overseas Scholarship for SC students:
- Engineering and Management
- Pure Science and Applied Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences and Medicine
- International Commerce, Accounting Finance
- Humanities, Social Science & Fine Arts
Benefits of National Overseas Scholarship for SC students:
- For U.S.A and other countries
- Annual Maintenance Allowance: USD 15,400 will be offered as Annual maintenance allowance for all level of courses.
- Additional Allowance: Allowance of 1500 USD for study tour/travel cost /books/essential apparatus / attending subject related conferences, workshops, typing and binding of thesis etc.
- For the United Kingdom
- Annual Maintenance Allowance: GBP 9900 will be given Annual maintenance allowance.
- Additional Allowance: Allowance for typing, workshops, books/essential apparatus /study tour/travel cost for attending subject related conferences and binding of thesis etc. will be 1100 GBP.
- Additional Allowances and Benefits
- Incident Journey Allowance: USD 20 or its equivalent in Indian rupees will be Incident Journey allowance.
- Equipment Allowance: Equipment allowance of USD 20 for will be given.
- Poll Tax: Payment of Actual Poll Tax wherever applicable will be done.
- Visa Fee: The payment of Actual Visa Fees in Indian Rupees will be done.
- Medical Insurance: The payment of Fees and Medical Insurance Premium will be done.
- Air Fare: Economy Class Airfare for the return journey from India to the relevant destination will be paid.
- Local Travel Allowance: Local Travel allowance will be provided after considering the requirements and criteria.
- Return to India after the completion of course
- The Awardees are required to come back to India after finishing their course.
- Extension of stay: The stay can be extended for next two years by the consent of Indian Government, but no financial assistance will be provided to them for the extended period.
- The reasons for the stay will get recorded in writing by Indian Mission.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for National Overseas Scholarship for SC students:
- The candidate must belong to Schedule Tribe Community.
- Candidate must have at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant degree for Master Degree, Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral Research.
- The age of the candidate must be below 35 years.
- Total income from all sources of employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 6 Lakh per annum.
- Only one child from the same parents will be granted National Overseas Scholarship.
Document Required for National Overseas Scholarship for SC students:
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Mark sheet of Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates.
- As the scholarship is for only one child of the same parents, self-certification regarding the same will be required.
- Employed candidates need to submit a copy of latest tax assessment and latest monthly salary slip of the organization with which they are presently working.
- Offer letter from the institute in the case already obtained.
- The students can apply offline for the SC Scholarship by downloading the Application form. There is no online application for this.
- Employed candidates must forward their application through their employer along with a No Objection Certificate.
- Completely filled National Overseas Scholarship applications must reach the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India before the last date to the Address given in contact details section
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: The Director, SCD-V Section, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Room No.211 – ‘D’ Wing, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi-110 001.
- Telephone No.: 23383256
- Fax No.: 23386320
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Colgate Dental Cream Scholarship visit: socialjustice.nic.in