The State Government of Haryana (Department of Social Justice and Empowerment) has launched ambitious scheme to provide pension for older people called Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme in Haryana.
This scheme is implemented by Department of Social Justice and Empowerment and this is a Social Welfare scheme for the betterment and to provide financial help for the older people. Under this scheme, state government provides financial assistance in form of pension of Rs. 1,600 per month to the age group of 60 years or above people in the state. Both male and female residents of Haryana state are eligible to get benefits under this Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme.
The amount disbursed under Old Age Samman allowance was Rs. 109684.23 lakhs during the year 2013-14. The main objective of this scheme is to provide the social security to the old age citizens of the state who are unable to sustain themselves from their own resources. So, this scheme will provide a better livelihood to the people in their old age and make their life easy. The state government of Haryana took the very good initiative to provide a better life in the old age of the people. For getting benefits under this scheme applicant candidate need to qualify some eligibility norms which are mentioned below in articles like income limit and other things mentioned below.
Benefits of Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme:
- Benefits of financial assistance to the old age people
- The state government provides a pension of Rs. 1,600 per month to the age group of 60 years or above people in the state
Eligibility for Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme:
- Applicant should be resident of Haryana
- Applicant must be 60 years of age or above
- Applicant income should be below of Rs. 2,00,000 per annum
- Any person who is receiving pension from any other government or local statuary body then such person is not eligible for this allowance
Documents required for Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme:
- Aadhaar card
- Age proof certificate
- Bank account details
- BPL card if applicable
- Income certificate
How to apply for Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme:
- Applicant should fill the application form and attach all essential documents mentioned above such as Aadhaar card, age proof certificate, income certificate etc.
- Then, submit the application form to the social welfare officer in district/Taluka in Haryana
References & Details:
- For more details of Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme visit official site: http://socialjusticehry.gov.in
- Application form for Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme: http://socialjusticehry.gov.in/Website/OAP.pdf
- Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme pdf download: http://socialjusticehry.gov.in/schemes/OLD_AGE_SAMMAN_ALLOWANCE.pdf