The Government of India has announced a special one-time late fee waiver scheme for filing pending GSTR-1 form. GST returns filing is compulsory and late fees is charged for those who file it late. The late fees is wived off for delayed filing of GST Returns with GSTR-1 Form for the duration of July 2017 till September 2018 till October 31st.
What is One-time late fee waiver scheme for filing pending GSTR-1 form? A late fees waiver scheme for GSTR-1 filling.
- All those who have not filed GST returns (GSTR-1 Form)
- Applicable only for the duration between July 2017 till September 2018
- Applicable to all the GST registered people
- Those whos turn over is more than 1.5 crore
- Applicable to those who`s principal place of business is in Kodagu (Karnataka) and Mahe (Puducherry).
Last Date for FORM GSTR-1:
- General: 31st October 2018
- For business is in Kodagu (Karnataka) and Mahe (Puducherry): November 15th 2018
- For those who will now migrate to GST: December 31st 2018 (last date for furnishing the details of outward supplies of goods or services or both in GSTR-1 and for filing the return in GSTR-3B for the months of July, 2017 to November)
One-time late fee waiver scheme for filing pending GSTR-1 form: Highlights
- There is a huge difference is number of people filling GSTR 3B and GSTR 1
- 8.5 crore people has filled GSTR 3B since July 2017
- 4.7 crore people has filled GSTR 1
- There are people who could not file GST returns in-time due to various circumstances
- This scheme is going to help such people