Why do we need to update Aadhar card?
The Aadhar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI), which functions under the Planning Commission of India, is responsible for managing Aadhar numbers and Aadhar identification cards. A resident Indian can apply for the Aadhar number and card by submitting the existing proof of identity (passport, PAN card, driving license, etc.) and proof of address (phone/ power bill, bank statements, etc.) and by undergoing biometric profiling (fingerprints and iris scan) at any Aadhar center.
When we enroll for Aadhar card or apply for Aadhar there might be a possibility that enrollment officer may do any mistake like some mistake in your Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID. So by using this Article, you will get aid to how to change or correct these mistakes.
Toll free no: 1800-300-1947 or 1947
What can all information be updated on Aadhar card?
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
Documents required for updating Aadhar card?
- Depending on the field to be updated documents vary. To get documents list of respective field please visit next mentioned website official website of Aadhar Self Service Update Portal Click Here to Get Document List. attach originally scanned (with the color scanner) copies of supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List
- Your registered mobile number is mandatory for update process
Who can update Aadhar card:
- Any individual, irrespective of age and gender who have applied for Aadhar card and there is some mistake or need corrections in Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID
- Any resident with a mobile number can update their profile using this portal. Mobile number is mandatory to receive password for login
Online procedure to check Aadhar card status:
- Applicant needs to visit UIDAI official website. Click next link to visit UIDAI website Click Here to Visit Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- Post visiting this link a window will appear which will look like the same image posted below
- Then type your Aadhar number and Text Verification and click on Send OTP button
- You will get OTP on your register number
- Then you will see next tab Data Update Request
- Then you will need to upload respective documents according to field attach original scanned (with color scanner) copies of supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List
- Next step is BPO service provider selection and this is the last step of Aadhar update process. Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation
- The applicant can apply offline also. Click Here to Download Offline Application Form
- And fill it properly and sent it to mentioned address below along with documents
- Address 1: UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- Address2: UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- To check Aadhar card status: It takes less than Rs. 20
- Email: email@example.com
References & details:
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit official website
- UIDAI website: https://resident.uidai.net.in/
- SSUP website: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home
- Update website: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- FAQ: https://uidai.gov.in/images/FAQ.pdf
- Offline application form: https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf