On September 27, 2021 Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission (PM-DHM) via video conferencing. This scheme tends to bring revolutionary changes in the nations health care facilities. The launch of this initiative is in line with National Health Authority celebrating third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana. Under this initiative each citizen in the country will get a Health ID. This ID will function as the health account of that individual consisting of all the medical history and records of that individual. PM-DHM will provide an online platform for health care service providers to provide the facilities more efficiently with a better reach. People will be able to get access to health care services with ease. This initiative was initially launched in six states and union territories on a pilot basis.
|Initiative||Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission (PM-DHM)|
|Implemented under||Central Government|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||September 27, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||All the citizens in the country|
|Objective||To strengthen the health care mechanism and ensure easy health care access for the citizens of the country.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the initiative is to provide a digital health platform to the citizens in the country.
- It tends keep a record and check the health of the citizens.
- Under this initiative each individual in the state will be provided with a separate health ID.
- It will provide an online platform for health care service providers to provide the facilities more efficiently with a better reach.
- This scheme will ensure easy and quick access to health care services available in the country.
- It will enable the central government to plan, frame and implement required health care schemes.
- This initiative is mainly planned for strengthening the health care system thereby covering all the residents in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually launched Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission (PM-DHM) on September 27, 2021.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya and other officials were present during the launch.
- The launch of this initiative is in line with National Health Authority celebrating third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- This initiative is launched by the government for strengthening the health care facilities in the country.
- This initiative is based on Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and Mobile (JAM) trinity and other digital initiatives of the government.
- PM-DHM will provide an online platform covering wide range of data, health related information, digital systems and services.
- Proper care will be taken for maintaining privacy and confidentiality regarding the health related personal data.
- Under this initiative the central government will provide Health ID card to each individual in the state.
- This health Id will function as a health account of the citizens consisting of all the health related information.
- This id will be created by using basic details, mobile number and Aadhaar number of the individual.
- Health records can be linked and accessed through a mobile application, health professionals registry and healthcare facilities registries.
- This will ensure easy and quick access to health care services available.
- It will help the government to roll out specific health scheme for targeted beneficiaries as required.
- Health care providers will get a digital platform to efficiently provide their services across the country.
- The central government has started this initiative as a pilot project in six states and union territories on August 15, 2021.
- This initiative will tend to strengthen the health care mechanism in the country.