On August 10, 2021 Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi is about to virtually launch PMUY Ujjwala 2.0 for benefitting the poor households with free LPG gas connections along with free first refill and a free hotplate/ gas stove. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched in the year 2016. This scheme was launched for providing free LPG gas connections about 5 crore women belonging to below poverty line families. This aimed at ensuring gas supply to each and every household. This scheme was extended in the year 2018. In line with the successful implementation of PMUY the central government has now come up with PMUY Ujjwala 2.0 most importantly for extending the benefit to more beneficiaries. This scheme tends to ensure a secure gas connection even in the poorest household.
|Scheme name||PMUY Ujjwala 2.0|
|Scheme Under||Central Government|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||August 10, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||People belonging to lower income groups with no secure gas connections|
|Benefits||Free deposit gas connection, free first refill, free hotplate/ stove|
|Objective||To provide safe and eco-friendly LPG cooking gas connections to the families with lower income and backward groups.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide free and safe gas connections to the poor and economically weaker sections.
- Under this scheme, free gas connections along with free first refill and free hotplate/ stove will be given to the beneficiaries.
- And importantly, it will enable the poor to access safer and eco-friendly gas connection for cooking and other purposes.
- Apart from this, application process under this scheme will be kept easier online or through nearby gas agencies or offices.
- Migrant families will be provided with separate gas connections with minimum paper proof
- Such migrant beneficiaries can avail the benefit just by submitting a self-declaration instead of ration card or address proof.
- It will cater to the aim of universal access of everyone to LPG gas.
- Additionally, it will also lead to greener and cleaner environment in the long run.
- PM Narendra Modi will be virtually launching PMUY Ujjwala 2.0 and addressing the nation on August 10, 2021 in Uttar Pradesh.
- This scheme will be an extended part of PMUY – Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- Central government launched PMUY on May 1, 2016 for providing deposit free LPG gas connections about 5 crore women belonging to below poverty line families.
- Likewise, government will start PMUY Ujjwala 2.0 as an extension for covering more beneficiaries.
- It will thereby provide additional benefits to the beneficiaries.
- It aims at ensuring cooking gas supply to each and every household so that each household will use clean gas for cooking.
- Deposit-free gas connection, free first refill and free hotplate/ stove will be provided to the beneficiaries through this scheme therefore benefiting the people in day to day use.
- PMUY Ujjwala 2.0 will cover about 1 crore new beneficiaries.
- The announcement of providing free LPG gas connections to about 1 crore new beneficiaries was made in the Union budget 2021-22.
- Easy application process will enable to cover all the eligible beneficiaries.
- After that the beneficiaries will be able to apply feasibly and get the benefit thereby.
- This scheme will prefer SC, ST, BC and other people from lower income groups with no secure gas connections and migrant workers.
- In other words it tends to cover maximum eligible beneficiaries thus ensuring universal access to LPG, as a safer gas connection.
- It will ensure secure, clean and eco-friendly LPG gas connections to each and every household.