The Central government of India has introduced a new program called ‘Right to Light scheme’ program for Uttar Pradesh school students. Right to Light program states that each school student will get solar power light to study in the night. The scheme started in five states in the country includes Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, and Assam along with Uttar Pradesh. The program will be implemented in the state Uttar Pradesh. The scheme has already started in some of the Eastern States in the country. Under the Right to the Light scheme, the government will provide solar lamps for reading purpose to the school going students across the state. The scheme will be launched with the help of Piyush Goyal’s ministry of new and renewable energy (MNRE). The scheme will cater to the 1.03 crore students in 296 development blocks in Uttar Pradesh where electrification is less than 50%. The scheme will target the homes which are still dependent upon kerosene. In this scheme, the beneficiary student will have to pay some of the cost of the lamp while rest will be borne by the MNRE (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy). The central government has aimed to distribute nearly 1 Cr. Solar powered bulbs to the students who fall under BPL. Also, they will distribute the lamps to those houses where basic amenities are yet to be reached. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay plays the major part in this scheme as the engineers and the technical department has joined their hands with the central government to implement the scheme.
Solar Energy Helpline No. 1800 2 33 44 77
Benefits of Right to Light Scheme:
- Benefits of solar power light for School students to study in the night
- Benefits of solar light to 1.03 crore school going students
What is Right to Light Program?
- Right to Light Program is one such scheme by the central government where school going students will get solar powered lamps for their study purpose in the evening or night.
- The program will be launched in UP soon whereas the program has already launched in the states like Assam, Bihar, Orissa, and Jharkhand.
- In this program, the central government along with state government has decided to distribute 1 Cr. solar lamps to the students.
- This scheme will be engineered by the Bombay IIT engineers and technical department
Eligibility for Right to Light Scheme:
- Students who live in below poverty line are eligible for this scheme
- Student must belong to Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, and Assam along with Uttar Pradesh
Implementation of Right to Light Scheme:
- The program will be implemented in the state Uttar Pradesh. The scheme has already started in some of the Eastern States as includes Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, and Assam.
How to Apply:
- Applicant should visit Gram Panchayat or Zilla Parishad in concerned districts/taluka
- Applicant also visit regional electricity board
References & Details:
- For more details about Right to Light Scheme: http://mnre.gov.in/
Pages: 1 2