The Saksham or Rajeev Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Boys is the scheme launched by central government (ministry of women and child development) For the empowerment of adolescent boys or young. The main objectives of this scheme are to facilitate, educate and empower adolescent boys so as to enable them to become self-reliant, gender-sensitive and aware citizens. The scheme will cover all adolescent those who go to school or out of school in the age-group of 11-18, subdivided into the categories of 11-14 and 14-18. The scheme also helps in health, education, skill development of adolescent boy.
Benefits of Saksham/Rajeev Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Boys
- Saksham will spread theawareness of cleanliness, nutrition, sexual, and reproductive health among teenage boys. Along with the life-skills education and public services information, it will offer career skills to the boys above 16.
- Saksham will take care of health, education, and skill development of adolescent boy.
- Saksham will make them self-reliant, gender sensitive and aware citizen.
- Under saksham various skill development programmed will be taken.
- Saksham will also help to address the health needs — physical, mental and emotional — of boys and promote awareness of hygiene.
- Well character and mindset will be build and importance of society well be teach.
- Well mindset will be develop towards importance of womanhood in society.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Saksham
- This scheme is introduce for all adolescent boy across country, who belong to 11 to 18 age year or boys should go to school or not it not affect.
Document required for registration
No special requirement for documents but some documents for formality are needed
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Residence proof
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary can contact to Anganwadi Center, municipal corporation, local panchyat
For more information