Digitize India (DEiTY) is an initiative of the government of India which offers an opportunity for government agencies to transform themselves into digital enterprises and for digital contributors to make money online by doing simple data entry work.
Digitize India Platform (DIP) works under Digital India Programme to provide digitization services for scanned document images/physical documents for any organization. They just want to make all the existing content (in different formats and media, languages) usable. For doing this DIP provides a secure and automated platform for processing and extracting relevant data from document images in a format that is further used for meta-data tagging, IT application processing and analysis. You probably have heard of some other popular crowdsourcing platforms before, like Mturk, Microworkers etc, DEiTY works similarly.
Who can become a Digital Contributor?
Any Indian Citizen who fulfills following prerequisites can apply. A valid Aadhar number is mandatory for sign-up process.
- Basic computer literacy
- Aadhar number
- Bank Account linked to your Aadhaar number
- Access to the internet
- Access to any smart device ( to download their app)
How does Digitize India Platform work?
- Digital India Platform collects scanned images from the various Govt. organizations and shreds images into snippets with meaning full data.
- These snippets are randomly served to the contributors.
- Contributors type the words shown in Snippets.
- A match engine checks if contributor typed the right word.
- Correct entries get reward points for each correct words digitized.
- DIP innovative system organizes the snippet text digitized by contributors.
- Document are re-assembled and provided back to the organizations
How to Make Money online with Digitize India?
- Sign up – Sign up here to become a digital agent. Fill all the details such as full name, email, phone number etc. on sign up form and submit the form. The system will validate your Aadhar number before signing up. Click on the following link to Sign up: https://digitizeindia.gov.in/
- Log into your account by entering username/email and password. You will be redirected to your account dashboard where you will see the available snippet and your work records.
- Complete your Profile by clicking on my account on the right top corner. Complete basic profile by entering valid information such as your state, district, Pin-code, academics etc. The incomplete profile may lead to suspension of your account.
- Complete Bank Profile. If your Aadhar is already linked to your bank account then click on Check Status button. The system will automatically verify the bank details. Otherwise, go to your bank and get your Aadhar linked to your bank account. This is the only way how it works.
- Work and earn – Go to dashboard and see if any snippet is available to work on. Once your work will get approved, you will receive points. Usually, they provide details of No. of captcha you entered, your accuracy after 1-2 days and you receive your reward after 4-5 days for that. You can check you’re earning by clicking on Rewards and redeem your points there. Reward rate is 2 Paisa per character, although your earnings depend on your accuracy levels and speed.
How much can you earn in Digitize India Platform (DIP)?
DIP is a government initiative program and you can earn them as reward points. You can redeem the reward points in two ways:
- Contribute your reward points
- Cash it out on your bank
They pay 2 paise per character but it also depends on the how much accuracy you have. The calculation is based mainly on the accuracy so if you continuously give accuracy and speed, you will earn good amount of money.
The Government believes that this is an innovative cloud base PaaS (Platform as a Service) solution for digitization and hopes that more and more organizations will use the platform for digitizing their records. As on date, there are more than 4000 registered contributors. More than 1.7 lakh documents are scanned and more than 16 lakh snippets were served by the platform. The government is calling it ‘Pixel to Data’ transformation. The government is set to advertise the program through mass media to raise its awareness. A mobile app, too, has been developed to help people take part in Digital India programs and the mobile app is currently available in the Android version.
Details and References:
- For more information visit: https://digitizeindia.gov.in/