Digital India is the program launched by the Government of India to ensure that Government services are made available to citizens electronically by improving online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity or by making the country digitally empowered in the field of technology. The main objective of this scheme is connect rural areas with high-speed internet networks and improving digital literacy. The vision of Digital India programme also aims at inclusive growth in areas of electronic services, products, manufacturing and job opportunities etc. the digital India is an umbrella programme covers many department.
Benefits of Digital India program
Three key benefits of Digital India Programme is
- Digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen
- Governance & services on demand
- Digital empowerment of citizens
- The digital India programme includes projects that aim to ensure that government services are available to citizens electronically and people get benefit of the latest information and communication technology.
- Free internet service will available in all cities and villages.
- Digital locker, e-education, e-health, e-sign, and national scholarship portal will be available.
- Broadband in 2.5 lakh village, universal phone connectivity.
- 400000 public internet access point will be created.
- Wi-fi in 2.5 lakh schools, all universities; Public wi-fi hotspots for citizens.
- Job creation: Direct 1.7 Cr. and Indirect at least 8.5 Cr.
- Digital Locker facility will help citizens to digitally store their important document.
- e-police, e-jails, e-courts,e-prosecution
Eligibility for getting benefits of Digital India program
The eligibility is completely decided by monitoring committee on digital India under the chairpersonship of prime minister because digital India is the scheme for villages and cities not for individual.
Document required for Digital India program
This is the scheme implemented by government so that documents will be prepared by government agencies or department itself. And it contains number of technical terms.
Whom to contact and where to contact
The digital India is a core central government so that beneficiary no need to contact anywhere. According to government surveys and priorities all scheme under Digital India Programme all scheme will be implemented.
For more information visit here