During the Rashtriya Ekta Divas address on 31st October 2015, on the occasion of birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi (Government of India) has launched a new initiative called ‘EK Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’. The programme aims to further strengthen the existing cultural connect between different parts of the country and enhance interaction between people living in different states. The program is all about mixing up the diverse cultures that the nation has and make one super India. The program is solely designed to make people of one state aware of the cultures and language of another. The program will be set for one year and concentrate on the students of participated states. The main objective of this program is to promote the different cultures our nation carries. There are more than thousands of languages are being spoken in India. A lot of people are not aware of other societies, cultures and the variety of languages. So this program has been started to let people know about the other parts of the nation. The government also started Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Contest regarding this programme to encourage common people to propose their ideas
Benefits of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat:
- Benefits of exchanges in areas of language, trade, culture, travel, and tourism
- Benefits of promoting one state to other states every year
- The programme also quite beneficial for the students who will travel over their states to meet new people and experience new life
Features of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat:
- The program is inspired by the ideologies of Shree Vallabhbhai Patel who had played an important role in freedom fighting.
- The program is to promote the culture and language of each state of the nation. Every year one state will pick another and promote its local cultures and language.
- The Indian government has made a special committee to look after this program and related issues.
- Students are the main participants in this program. Potential students need to travel from their own state to the chosen state to learn and exchange the culture and language
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Contest:
- The government of India has started a contest regarding this program to encourage common people to propose their ideas. Because the program is to promote the culture of different states, the government wants to know from the inhabitants that how do they can develop the process of the program, so this contest is announced. According to the guidelines of the contest, a common citizen can submit an entry by proposing an innovative idea for implementing the program in the better way. Also, they can light up the points such as how state and central government will work on this, how private sectors will help in the program, how modern communication tools can be used here and so on.
Entries were invited on the following General Themes:
- Identifying role of central government and state governments in implementation
- Identifying ways in which governments, civil society, and private sector could work together
- Specifying the Use of modern communication tools, including social media
- Documentation of success stories.
- Ways to make ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ a people’s movement rather than a government programme
References & Details:
- EK Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Contest visit: https://www.mygov.in/task/ek-bharat-shreshtha-bharat-contest/