The Government Of Maharashtra has announced Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana (KVSY) for farmers in the state. The objective of the scheme is to help farmer families with the girl child. Under the scheme the government will give tree sapling for plantation for free which can be used by farmers to take care of their daughters. Farmers can apply when the girl child is born in the family. Farmer families will be given a 10 sapling of trees such as teak, jackfruit, tamarind and mango for plantation. This sapling will be given by Forest Department of Maharashtra to farmer families free of of cost wherein a girl child born. According to State government , this will benefit for about 2 lakh farmer families in the state.
What is Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana (KVSY)?
A scheme by the government of Maharashtra to help farmers in the state with girl child in the family. Under the scheme 10 free tree saplings will be given to take care of the girls in the farmer families. The income from the trees such as teak, jackfruit, tamarind and mango is expected to be used for girls welfare and studies.
Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana (KVSY): Objective
- To empowering women
- To improving girl sex ratio
- To increase tree plantation
- To provide alternate income sources to the farmers
Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana (KVSY): Benefits
- Farmers when girl child is born in the family will get 10 free saplings for plantation
- 10 free tree plants includes 5 teak-wood, 2 mango, and 1 each of tamarind, jack-fruit and jamun
- The income from sapling the plant will be utilizing for girls future education
- The income from sapling the plant will be utilizing for girls employment and skill development
- Beneficiaries will also get help of other horticulture schemes in the state
Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana (KVSY): Eligibility/ Who can apply?
- The scheme is applicable to the farmers in the Maharashtra only
- The scheme is applicable only in case of girl child only
- The scheme is applicable for the first 2 children only
Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana (KVSY): Documents Required
- Birth certificate of the girl child
Kanya Van Samriddhi Yojana: Application Procedure
- Any farmer family in state with girl child born between 1st April, 2018 and 31st March, 2018 can apply for the scheme
- Farmers need to submit application form to the Gram Panchayats along with girl child birth certificate
- Forest department will give 10 sapling plant free of cost after verification to each farmers families
- Beneficiaries needs to plant these trees between 1st till 7th July 2018
Contact Details & Other Important Schemes: Interested applicants can visit to the Gram Panchayats for more details and applicant for the scheme.