7 Star Rainbow Scheme had launched by the Government Of Haryana in January 2018.To improve the Working of Gram Panchayats in Haryana the Development and Panchayats Department has planned for Grading/Ranking the Gram Panchayats. With a view to scale up the coverage of the ranking exercise and encourage Gram Panchayats to actively implement the schemes in a timely and innovative manner, Development and Panchayats department proposes to conduct an Inter-district verification to award star rating amongst 6203 Gram Panchayats based on specific parameters. Best performing selected Gram Panchayats from each district will be identified in a systematic manner and will be Awarded and Incentivized. In this scheme
whichever Gram Panchayats score maximum will recognized as “Indradhanush Gram Panchayats”.
What is 7 Star Rainbow Scheme?
Under this scheme, panchayats will judge 7 social parameters which are sex ratio, education, hygiene/serenity, peace & harmony, environment preservation, good governance. Stars of different colors are awarded to panchayats depending on their performance on each parameter.
The 7 Social parameters measured in as follows:
- Pink Star: It will be awarded to those panchayats that make an outstanding performance in improving sex ratio
- Green Star: It is for protection of the environment White Star Cleanliness
- Saffron Star: It is for crime-free village
- Sky Color Star: It will be awarded for village that will have no dropout
- Golden Star: It is for good governance
- Silver Star: It will be awarded for participation of village
7 Star Rainbow Scheme: Objective
The main objective of instituting this award is to strengthen the institution of Gram Panchayats and to highlight it as institution of decision making and making their Gram Panchayat proud. This includes economic & social development of Gram Panchayat in a transparent way through participative democracy offering equal opportunity to all citizens including the poor, women & other marginalized sections of society.
7 Star Rainbow Scheme: Eligibility/ Who can apply?
- Gram Panchayats of State of Haryana are only applicable
- Villages of State of Haryana are applicable
7 Star Rainbow Scheme: Benefits
- Gram panchayats scoring maximum in all parameters will be recognized as Indradhanush Gram Panchayats. They will get special grants for development works from Development and Panchayats Department of the State Government depending upon their performance.
- Villages winning 6 stars will get additional developmental works worth Rs 20 lakh
- Villages rating 5 stars will get additional developmental works worth Rs 15 lakh
- Villages 4 stars will get additional developmental works worth Rs 10 lakh
- Villages achieving for each parameter will get Rs 1 lakh
- Villages having equal or more girl population will be rewarded additional Rs 50000 as bonus
- Villages which adopt Swachhta Mission will be given additional Rs 50000 as reward
7 Star Rainbow Scheme: Implementation and Highlights
- This scheme was launched in January 2018
- The purpose of this scheme to give star rating to its panchayats on the basis of seven social parameters
- Under this scheme, as many as 1102 villages of the state achieve ranking since its inception January 2018
- Ambala has top star ranking followed by Gurugram and Karnal
More Details & References:
- Development and Panchayats Department, Haryana offcial website: harpanchayats.gov.in
- 7 Star Rainbow Scheme
- 7 Star Rainbow Scheme: How it work