The Minister of External Affairs, Govt of India Sushama Swaraj has launched mPassport Seva App mobile app. Now on citizens can apply for the new passport, renewal of passport, take appointments and pay fees using the mobile app. The app was launched on the occasion of Passport Seva Diwas on 26 th June, 2018. The app will ease the process for application for various travel documents required for traveling abroad. The app is meant for the indian citizens and is available for Android and iOS users both.
Services available on mPassport Seva App:
- Provides information on passport application processes
- Contact details for information related to passport services
- Helps to find nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or District Passport Cell (DPC)
- For certain states the app can be used to find nearest police stations as well
- Help oversees people find nearest Indian posts
- New user registration
- Singing in to the accounts
- Application for new passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Fees payments for passport services along with fees calculator based on the mode and service
- Scheduling an appointment for passport services
- Application status
- Document advisor
- Fee calculator
- Applications for renewal passport
- Application for passport due to damage or loss
Download & Install mPassport Seva App:
- Android: CLICK HERE to download mPassport Seva App from Google Play Store
- iOS: CLICK HERE to download the mPassport Seva App from iTunes
mPassport Seva App Highlights:
- Official mobile app by the MEA for passport related services
- Available for Android and iOS both
- Launched by MEA Minister Sushama Swaraj
- Help to apply passport, renewal, fees payments, PSK appointments, finding nearest passport kendra, passport application status etc
Apply for passport from anywhere in India.
The MEA has now eased passport application process. The passports now can be applied from anywhere in India i.e. irrespective of the place of residence. Earlier the application for the passport can be only made in the regional passport office where the applicant is leaving for more than a year. The new scheme now relaxes the passport application rules. With the new rule Indian citizens can apply for passports from anywhere in India.
Citizens can now apply for passport services in any of the Regional Passport Offices (RPO) and Passport Seva Kendras (PSK) or Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK) from any city. The passport will be delivered to the address mentioned in the application from the center where the application was made. The approval process remains the same i.e. the application is reviewed along with the documents and police verification happens if required. The police verification can be conducted in the address mentioned in the application. 231 new passport seva kendras are opened in recent years and the MEA is planning to have one passport office (PSK or POPSK) at least in each of the constituencies of India.
More Details & References: