The Finance Minister of West Bengal Dr. Amit Mitra announced Manobil Project Scheme for disabled/divyang people in the state. The scheme will provide financial support for the disabled in WB.
The scheme is announced during the state budget 2018. 40% disabled people will now get monthly pension of Rs. 1000. The Mamata Banerjee government has alloted budget of Rs. 250 crores for the scheme.
The Finance Minister also announced monthly pension for the old-age farmers in the state. Earlier the pension of Rs. 750 was given to the old-aged farmers now it is increased to Rs. 1000. The number of beneficiaries are now increased to one lakh from 66 thousand.
Manobik Scheme Eligibility:
- Only residents of the West Bengal can apply
- People with 40% or more disability only can apply for monthly pension
- There should be deceleration from respective Medical Officer mentioning that disabled person is unsuitable for physical work
- The disabled person who is beneficiary of any of the center or state government pension scheme will not be eligible of Manobik Scheme
- The Disabled person applying for the scheme should be resident of West Bengal for at least 10 years (In case person is below 10 years of Age, If he/she is born and stayed all his life in West Bengal can avail benefits of this scheme)
Manobik Scheme: Documents Required
- Address proof
- Disability certificate
- Income proof/certificate from gram panchayat
- Medical officer deceleration mentioning that person is not suitable of physical work
- Pension will be sanctioned by the district officer of the concerned district
How to Apply for the scheme
- Application form for the scheme is available at Block Development Officer at rural level and Executive Officer of the Panchayat and office of sub -divisional officer at urban level
- Completed form along with above mention documents can be submitted at the same office where you got the form
- Your application will be verified in one months time by respective officer
- Once approved pension will be credited to your saving bank account every month or if you don’t have bank account pension will be sent to you by postal order
There are other important schemes too announced during the budget 2018, importantly for girls, women empowerment and education.
- Kanyashree Prakalpa West Bengal: girl child welfare scheme, eligibility, required documents & how to apply online at wbkanyashree.gov.in
- Rupashree Scheme West Bengal: financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 to families of girls at the time of marriage