The Arvind Kejriwal lead Government of Delhi is working on a new scheme called as Premium Bus Service Scheme (PBSS). Under the scheme high tech air conditioned bus service will be introduced in the national capital Delhi. The new service will have a fleet of 60 new buses. The schedule, route and bus stops will be made available on the mobile app. It will also provide live bus status and bus ticket booking capabilities as well. The PBSS was announced in April 2016, government in the announcement had said that they will launch a app based bus services. The government is presently working on removing legal hurdles and clearances for the launch.
The objective of the scheme is to provide quality service to the citizens of the Delhi so that they can use public service and avoid their personal cars. This will reduce traffic congestion on the streets of Delhi and help reduce pollution as well. Presently because of random bus schedules, unknown bus stops, poor quality of the buses along with poor connectivity is causing people to use their personal transport.
What is Premium Bus Service Scheme (PBSS)? The Government of Delhi scheme to provide a premium app-based high-tech bus service.
Premium Bus Service Scheme (PBSS): Objectives
- To encourage people to travel on public transport
- To increases the efficiency of public transport
- To reduce the pollution in the city
- To reduce the use of the number of cars and motorcycles in the state
Premium Bus Service Scheme (PBSS): Implementation & Highlights
- The government of Delhi will be starting app-based premium bus service
- This scheme was announced by Delhi government in April 2016
- Users can book the cars through the apps like Ola and Uber in a similar way the seats in the buses could be booked through app for the new bus service
- 50 air conditioned buses will be launched in the first fleet
- Government will work with the private bus providers to implement the scheme
Other Important Schemes
- List of schemes & subsidies in National Capital Territory of Delhi
- List of the scheme for development sector
- List of the scheme of Government of Delhi