Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research is an attempt to encourage industry oriented research at Doctoral Studies. In the Year of Science, to attract talent for Doctoral Research and to boost industrial research by academic institutions, the government and industry have jointly developed a scheme to provide double scholarships to Ph.D. Fellows. The fellowship is given in areas of research of Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine from any recognized Indian University or Institute or research laboratory in India. The maximum duration of the fellowship is 4 years and every year 100 projects are provided with funds for their research. The selection of the projects will be done by expert panel on the basis of their potential of the project and the involved parties (Institution, Applicant, Industrial Partner, etc.) The applications for the scholarship are to be made online and the application process is open throughout the year.
Benefits of the Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research:
- Number of Fellowships: Total 100 fellows will be provided with financial support for their projects.
- Duration of Fellowship: The maximum duration of the fellowship can be 4 years leading to the award of Ph.D. to the candidate.
- Amount of Fellowship: The total amount of fellowship can be up to Rs. 6 Lakh per year, out of which 50 % will come from Science and Engineering Research Board as per JRF/SRF norms while the remaining 50% will come from the partner industry co-applicant.
- Condition: The candidate selected for the Fellowship cannot continue being benefited from any other scholarship/salary.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research:
- The applicant should have enrolled in the Ph.D. program within last 14 months.
- The candidate should be enrolled in research related to any of the fields mentioned below and the topic of research should have practical relevance and application in the industry:
- The duration of the research should not be more than 4 years.
- The applicant should find an industry partner/co-applicant who should be willing to support the research project financially and also lend technical and intellectual support.
- The candidate should obtain no objection certificate from the institute where they are enrolled in their Ph.D.
Document Required for Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research:
- Undertaking from Research Supervisor and Head of the Organisation / Institute /University as per format is given in Application Form
- Undertaking from Industry Partner in the research project as per format is given in Application Form
- Attested Copies of Certificates/Degrees acquired by Fellow till date including Ph.D. Registration Certificate
- Profiles / CVs
- Academic Guide
- Industry Mentor
- Partner Company
- Passport Size Picture
- Research Synopsis
- Approval from Guide/ Head of the Institution: The first thing to be done is to get an in-principle approval from the concerned authority of the college it may be Guide/ Head of the Institution.
- Create preliminary proposal: Based on the target industry, the candidate should develop a preliminary proposal including the pros and application and benefits of the research. The scholars can also consult their research guides for the purpose.
- Finding industry’s interest: Scholars should consult with potential Co-applicants: Industries to explore their interest in the research proposal.
- Finalizing the Research Proposal: After consulting with the Co-applicant (Industry) and their Academic Guide, scholars should finalize the Research Proposal.
- Get Letter of Commitment from the Industry: The candidate should obtain a Letter of Commitment from the Industry who will be ready to pay maximum Rs.3 lakh per year along with 10% program management fee for the duration of maximum 4 years and will also remain involved in the research with the fellow and institute.
- Get Letter of Commitment from the Institute: The scholar should obtain Letter of Commitment from the head of the institution that they are ready to allow the fellow to work in the Institute & in premises of sponsoring industry as per the needs and also for Joint reviews of the progress of research.
- Apply for the Fellowship: Once all the above-mentioned things have been finalized candidates should initiate the online application process. >> Click here to apply for the Fellowship.
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: Plot No. 249-F, Udyog Vihar, Phase IV, Sector 18, Gurgaon, Haryana 122015
- Shalini Sharma: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neha Gupta: email@example.com
- Tele: 0124-4592960 (Ext: 292)
- Ravi Hira: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tele: 0124-4592960 (Ext: 499)
References & Details:
- For more information regarding Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research: https://www.primeministerfellowshipscheme.in/