The Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched Swahid Kushal Konwar Sarbajanin Briddha Pension Achoni for senior citizens of the state. The main objective of the scheme is to support senior citizens in the state. Under the scheme senior citizen pension will be provided every month to the old aged people so that they can live with dignity. The state government will be funding the scheme and a budget of Rs. 400 crore has been alloted for the scheme. The scheme is launched in an event to celebrate Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October 2018.
What is Swahid Kushal Konwar Sarbajanin Briddha Pension Achoni? A pension scheme for senior citizens in the Assam.
- Applicable only to the residents of the Assam
- People with more than 60 years of age only can apply
- Those who are already getting benefits under other government schemes are not eligible
- All those who`s children are working in government jobs are not eligible also
- All those paying income tax and who`s income is more than 2.5 lakh are not eligible for the scheme
List of documents required to apply?
- Bank account
- Age proof (birth certificate, school leaving certificate or PAN card)
How to apply for Swahid Kushal Konwar Sarbajanin Briddha Pension Achoni?
The applications for the pension scheme can be made online or offline. Swahid Kushal Konwar Sarbajanin Briddha Pension Achoni application forms are available with Gaon Panchayat/Development Block/ Municipal Corporation/Municipal Board/Town Committee. Take their help to apply for the scheme. Provide true copies of all the documents, fill in the form completely and submit it to complete the application. The pension will be directly transfered to the bank accounts of the beneficiary senior citizens.