Central government has started a new initiative for promoting pearl farming in the country. This initiative aims at benefitting the farmers cultivating pearls. Demand for pearls is rising and thus the production of the same has to be increased. The central government under this initiative will provide a subsidy up to 50% of total cost for setting up the pond for pearl cultivation. This initiative aims at increasing farmers income. It is a part of Blue Revolution scheme in the fisheries sector. This scheme is being implemented by Department of Fisheries. O investment of Rs. 25000 the farmer will be able to earn up to Three Lakhs under this initiative. It intends to ensure welfare of the pearl farmer sin the country.
|Initiative||50% subsidy for pearl farming|
|Initiative Under||Central government|
|Implemented by||Department of Fisheries|
|Beneficiaries||Pearl Farmers across the country|
|Major Objective||To promote pearl farming in the country thereby ensuring welfare of the pearl farmers|
- This initiative promotes pearl farming in the country.
- It will benefit the pearl farmers in setting up ponds for pearl cultivation.
- Under this initiative the central government provide 50% of the total cost of setting up the ponds to the farmers.
- It will boost the production of pearls.
- It will increase the income and livelihood of the pearl farmers.
- This initiative will ensure social security and welfare of pearl farmers in the country.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He/ she must be a farmer by occupation.
- He/she must have required knowledge of pearl cultivation and farming.
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- Pond and Farming details
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo
- Visit the official Fisheries Department website @dof.gov.in.
- Go through the initiative details.
- Application form is available thereby.
- Fill in the form with required proposal details.
- Submit the same to the concerned office in the fisheries department.
- Form and proposal will be reviewed and approved accordingly if found eligible.
- After approval the subsidy amount will be transferred directly to the bank account of the farmer.