Central government has announced two scholarship schemes namely Pre-matric scholarship scheme and Post-matric scholarship scheme for the Scheduled Caste (SC) students in the country. This announcement was made by Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar in a written reply in the Lok Sabha. These schemes are granted to support the meritorious poor students belonging to SC category in the country.
Under the Pre-matric scholarship scheme the eligible student will get scholarship amount for continuing completing class 9th and 10th. It intends to reduce the dropout rate of students after class 8th. Under Post matric scholarship scheme the eligible student will get the scholarship amount for higher studies from class 11th onwards. It intends to help the students to pursue higher education and build a bright future. Financial help under these schemes will lessen the burden of education expenses on the students and their families.
|Schemes||Pre-matric scholarship scheme and Post-matric scholarship scheme (PMS-SC)|
|Schemes Under||Central Government|
|Announced By||Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar|
|Date of Announcement||March 22, 2022|
|Beneficiaries||SC category students in the country|
|Main Benefit||Financial Assistance|
|Main Objective||To provide financial assistance through scholarships to the poor meritorious SC category students in the country.|
- Under the pre-matric scholarship scheme the eligible student will get non refundable fee including tuition fees of the course and academic allowance.
- The students studying in Class 11th onwards are covered under this scheme.
- Under the post-matric scholarship scheme the eligible student will get academic allowance.
- The students studying in Class 9th and 10th are covered under this scheme.
- This initiative is mainly to support all the SC category students from poor financial background.
- Scholarship amount will be directly transferred to student bank account.
- These schemes will enable the poor meritorious SC students to continue education without any financial hindrance.
- It will ensure educational welfare of the students thereby ensuring their overall development.
- Applicant student must be a citizen of India.
- Annual income of the applicant student’s family must not be more than 2.5 lakhs.
- He/ she must take admission in approved courses on a whole time basis in India only.
- Aadhaar card
- Previous educational marksheet
- Income certificate of the family
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- School/ College Admission certificate
- Address details
- Bank details
- Passport sized photo
How to Apply:
- Yet to be notified