Gujarat Education department has started Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme in the state to support the meritorious students. This scheme intends to help the students in their higher education after completing class 12th. The state government provides financial assistance to the eligible students to help them continue their education. Under this scheme the state government has now decided to include the students for higher education after completing class 10th . It will cover the students belonging to families with annual income of up to 4.5 lakhs in the state. It will lessen the burden of education expenses on the students and their families thereby ensuring their educational welfare.
|Scheme name||Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Gujarat Government|
|Launched By||Gujarat State Education Department|
|Scheme Type||Scholarship Scheme|
|Scheme Benefit||Financial Assistance|
|Beneficiaries||Meritorious students belonging to families with annual income of up to 4.5 lakhs.|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance through scholarships to the poor meritorious students in the state.|
- Under this scheme scholarship amount shall be corresponding to percentage of annual tuition fees charged by educational institution.
- This initiative is mainly to support all the students from poor financial background.
- Students pursuing Diploma will be eligible for a scholarship of 50% of tuition fees charged by the institution or Rs 50000 whichever is less.
- Students pursuing Degree will be eligible for a scholarship of 50% of tuition fee charged by the institution or Rs 100000 whichever is less.
- The scheme will enable the students to pursue education without any financial hindrance.
- This financial assistance will help the poor meritorious students in the state to pursue higher education without having financial constraints.
- Applicant student must be a citizen of Gujarat state.
- Annual income of the applicant student’s family must be up to 4.5 lakhs.
- He/ she must have passed Class 10th or Diploma exam with at least 60% marks.
- Aadhaar card
- Previous educational marksheet
- Income certificate of the family
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- College Admission certificate
- Address details
- Bank details
- Passport sized photo
How to Apply:
- Visit the official website @scholarships.gujarat.gov.in
- Go through relevant details and resolutions in the notice board section on the home page.
- Click on New Application option on the home page.
- Click on the registration link available thereby.
- Enter the stream, last passing year, seat no., birth date and mobile no.
- Click on the Get Password tab.
- After successful registration a password will be sent on the registered mobile no.
- Accordingly, login with the required details.
- Fill in the scholarship application form with necessary details.
- Upload required documents in prescribed format and submit.
- Application will be verified and eligible students will get the eligible scholarship amount in their bank accounts.
- Students can renew the application in case of changes from the same portal.
- Delayed students will also get application the form on the same portal.
- Email – email@example.com