The Mo Mashari Scheme to Protect Every Mother from Malaria is started by Odisha State Government (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) for protecting mother or pregnant women from malaria and its related problems like anemia, stillbirth and low body weight. The scheme aims at reducing malaria morbidity among pregnant women by 50% for that Government of Odisha introduced the Mo Mashari (My Mosquito Net) scheme in November 2009 in five tribal districts Keonjhar, Kandhamal, Rayagada, Nawarangpur and Malkangiri, which had high malaria incidence and later it was extended to another two tribal districts of Koraput and Kalahandi. This is a new specific initiative and helping to reduce malaria among every mother and pregnant women. Odisha state permanent residence women can take benefits of this scheme and can save herself and her child from malaria and its other related diseases.
Toll-free number: 108
Benefits of Mo Mashari Scheme to Protect Every Mother from Malaria:
- Mo Mashari Scheme to Protect Every Mother from Malaria provides benefits which result in mother and pregnant women protection from malaria and its related problems like anemia, weight loss
- Under this multiple initiatives will be taken to protect from malaria and other related diseases by providing necessary vaccination, mosquito net etc.
- The scheme will help in reducing malaria diseases and providing better health
- Protecting women during pregnancy is foremost benefit of scheme
- Under this scheme Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLIN) in high malaria burden districts
- More than 84% of eligible pregnant women are protected by LLINs in the distribution area
- Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLIN) will be given from Anganwadi center, Primary Health, Village Health and Nutrition Days (VHND), immunization days, antenatal check-ups or other appropriate events
Required eligibility and conditions for applying Mo Mashari Scheme to Protect Every Mother from Malaria:
- Pregnant women of seven high malaria incidence tribal districts, such as Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Keonjhar, Koraput, Rayagada, Nawarangpur and Malkangiri are eligible
- Inmates of tribal residential schools of these seven aforesaid districts are eligible
- Applicant women must be permanent residents of Odisha state
Application procedure and documents required for applying Mo Mashari Scheme to Protect Every Mother from Malaria:
- Pregnant women or mother can visit the Anganwadi center with some documents like BPL ration card or Identity card and residence proof, Aadhar card because especially there is no need to carry special documents.
- Applicant women can contact to ASHA primary person presents every local place
- Anganwadi center
- Contact: Joint Director of Health Services (Malaria), State Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (VBDCP), Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Odisha
References & details:
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit official website: http://22.214.171.124/hfw/NVBDCP.asp