Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) is a Government of Maharashtra housing board. The MHADA was established in 1977 under the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Act 1976. The MHADA constructs residential buildings under various government housing schemes for the different section of the society. Maintenance and allotment of flats are taken by the MHADA. MHADA was limited to the Mumbai and Mumbai suburban districts earlier. The MHADA has expanded to other cities in Maharashtra. At now present MHADA is controlling and coordinating the activities of seven regional housing boards and has set up for each revenue divisions in the state i.e Mumbai, Konkan, Pune, Nashik, Nagpur, Amravati along two special purpose boards i.e Mumbai Building Repairs and Reconstruction Board and Mumbai Slum Improvement Board.
MHADA announced the lucky draw for Konkan Board under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY) for 9018 houses in July 2018. Out of this houses, most of the houses are available for lower income groups (LIG). More than 4,000 MHADA houses are available in Virar and Thane. 3,939 house are available for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) under the lucky draw. Citizens interested in the MHADA houses in Mumbai and suburbs can apply online and MHADA will conduct a lucky draw and based on the lottery the flats will be allocated.
What is Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA)?
Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority(MHADA) is the government of Maharashtra housing board which builds, maintain and allotted residential building to the citizens.
Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA): Objective
- To provide houses to the different section of society
- To provide affordable houses to the people
- To provide subsidized houses for the people living in the state
Mumbai MHADA Lottery 2018: Eligibility / Who can apply for the lucky draw?
- Permanent resident of Maharashtra
- The resident who lived from past 15 years in Maharashtra
- The applicant must not own house anywhere else in the country to apply under PMAY
MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018: Documents Required
- Address proof
- Income Proof for year 2017-18
- AADHAAR card
MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018: Important Dates
- Application Starts on: 18th July 2018
- MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018 lucky draw date: 19th August 2018
MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018: How to apply?
- To apply for the MHADA Konkan Board Houses applicants can go to the MHADA official website: htpps://lottery.mhada.gov.in
MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018: Availability of Houses based on Income
- EWS ( Economically Weak Section): 4,455
- LIG (Lower Income Group): 4,341
- MIG (Medium Income Group): 215
- HIG (Higher Income Group): 7
MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018: Houses Localities
- Mira Road
MHADA Mumbai Lottery 2018: Implementation & Highlights
- MHADA announced the lucky draw for 9018 houses for Konkan Board under PMAY
- The lucky draw will be open on 19th August 2018
- Applicants can apply for the lottery from 18th July 2018 onwards on the MHADA website
- Most of the houses are available for lower income groups
- These houses are available in Mira Road, Virar, Thane, Shirdhon, Koni
More details & References
- Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA), MUMBAI
- Official Lottery Website Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA), Mumbai
- List of schemes & subsidies in Maharashtra