National Sports Scholarship is conducted by National Institute of Sports Development. It is a part of Government of India’s policy to encourage the development of sports along with regular and education activities for children. Any applicant having his/her age between 8-21 years and who participated in any Govt. approved and valid, rural/ urban/ district/ zonal/ state/ national level competitions in any individual or team sports can apply for the scholarship. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their achievements in their respective fields and will be awarded scholarship. The submission of the application form along with required documents is to be done by sped post prior to the last date.
Benefits of the National Sports Scholarship:
- The candidates selected for the award of the scholarship will be awarded a cash prize of 6000 to Rs. 9000 to help students to cover up their educational & sports-related expenses.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for National Sports Scholarship:
- Nationality: National Sports Scholarship is for Indian citizens only.
- Age: The applicant needs to belong to the age-group of 8 to 21 years.
- Participation: The applicant should have participated in any individual or team sports and games.
- Achievement and participation in any Govt. valid and approved, rural/ urban/ district/ zonal/ state/ national level sports competitions, championships and meets will be equally considered.
- Special Students: Special students like deaf, blind, physically disabled and Paralympics can also apply for the scholarship.
Documents required for National Sports Scholarship:
- Institutional details
- Personal Biodata
- Identity proofs and family details: Preferably Aadhar Card & Ration Card
- Sports Certificates
- The application for the National Sports Scholarship will be accepted offline
- Application Form: The application form for National Sports Scholarship is available on the official website. Candidates are required to download the application form, fill in all the required details, attaché the required documents. Click here to download the application form.
- Application Fee: The applicants belonging to a general category are required to pay Rs. 200 while candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/OEC and reserved category students are required to pay Rs. 100 as application fee by means of e-Money order.
- Submission: The application forms are to be submitted by speed post only. The address is given in the contact detail section of this page.
- The applicant can contact to the following address for more information: National Institute of Sports Development (NISD), E-2, East Uttam Nagar, New Delhi – 110059
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Phone: 011-28562438
References & Details:
- For more information regarding National Sports Scholarship visit: https://www.nationalsports.co.in/home.php