The Delhi Government has announced Play and Progress Scheme (PPS) for school-level sports talent. Government will provide financial assistance of upto Rs. 3 lakh to them. The Deputy Chief Minister Shree Manish Shisodia announced the scheme. The incentive scheme is to nurture budding talent in the school students.
What is Play & Progress (PPS) Scheme? A incentive scheme by the Delhi Government for sports talent at the school-level.
- To identify sports talent at a very young age
- To nurture and support them
- To create best in class athletes in the country
- Students under 14 years of age selected under the scheme will get Rs. 2 lakh per annum
- Students between 14-17 years of age will get Rs. 3 lakh per year
- Students under the age of 17 are eligible for the specialized sports trainings at designated centers
Eligibility / Who can apply?
- Any students studying in Delhi for last 3 years
- Students under 17 years of age are eligible
Games under Play & Progress (PPS) Scheme: Cricket, boxing, football, gymnastics, karate, baseball, table tennis, basketball, badminton, athletics, swimming, hockey and wrestling.
Specialized Training Centers under PPS: 18 specialized training centers will be setup for the sports person at following locations: Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, Ludlow Castle Sports complex, Chhatrasal Stadium, East Vinod Nagar Sports Complex, Thyagraj Stadium and Najafgarh Stadium.
Mission Excellence Scheme:
- Another scheme launched by the Delhi Government
- The scheme is for the established athletes
- 100 top-level sports person in Delhi will receive free training and coaching
- The government will pay the expenses for them
- Objectives it to win medals in international tournaments and championships
- Delhi Government has formed Committee of Experts (COE)
- Sports person such as Gagan Narang, Karnam Malleswari, Vijender Singh, Manisha Malhotra and Khajan Singh are members of the committee