Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Aarogya Yojna (RGJAY) is the scheme launched by Government of Maharashtra for the better treatment of the beneficiary who has belongs to below poverty line category. The RGJAY card holder has to pay nothing for his/her treatment up to Rs. 1, 50,000-/ per family per year and all expense above that has to be paid by the patient. The card holder gets waived treatment of near about 971 types of surgeries/therapies/procedures. It’s one of the most successful scheme implemented by the govt. of Maharashtra which aims at providing better healthcare facilities to the poor families of the state.
Toll Free Number: 1800 233 22 00
Benefits of Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Aarogya Yojna:
- Annual coverage of Rs. 1, 50,000: Beneficiary gets Rs. 1, 50,000-/ waived off on the treatment.
- Wide range of disease/illness are covered: RGJAY covers near about 971 types of surgeries, therapies and procedures with 30 specialized categories
- Categories covered: General surgery, ENT surgery, Heath disease treatment, Pediatric surgery, Plastic surgery, Cancer treatment, Burns, Neurology and many more are there, please find the entire list at this link http://bit.ly/1TvtFJS
Eligibility for Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Aarogya Yojna:
- Beneficiary should be from Maharashtra state
- Must be BPL card holder (only orange and yellow ration card holder)
- Annapurna card, Antyodaya Anna Yojna card holder are also eligible for the scheme
Document required for the scheme:
- Ration card
- Rajiv Gandhi card
- Identity proof (e.g. Aadhar card, Election card)
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Aarogya Yojna:
To issue the card: Every village and taluka has Government subsidized food grain store (Sarkari Dhanyachi Dukan), which provides RGJAY card to the needy.
For Services at hospital: Once you own the card you can get the list of hospitals from your district which are listed for this scheme. (get district wise hospitals at this link: http://bit.ly/21Drj1B)
Application Form to enroll for the scheme:
To get the services there are no such application forms available, beneficiary just needs RGJAY card to avail the benefit.
References and Details:
Official website: https://www.jeevandayee.gov.in/#