The Chief Minister of Maharashtra has announced Ramai Awas Yojana (RAY) for poor families from Scheduled Caste & Nav Baudhaa. 1,01,714 houses will be constructed in various cities across Maharashtra. The Social Justice Department of the state has sanctioned these houses. The main objective of the scheme is to provide housing to all in the state. Social Justice Minister of Maharashtra Shree. Rajkumar Badole announced the scheme. The scheme is launched under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana “Housing for All” vision.
What is Ramai Awas Yojana (RAY)? A government of Maharashtra scheme to provide houses to SC, NB families in the state.
Ramai Awas Yojana (RAY) Objectives:
- Housing for all
- To provide housing for poor families
- To empower SC, NB families
Ramai Awas Yojana Benefits:
- 1,01,714 houses to be sanctioned in FY 2018-19
- 200 to 300 houses for each of the districts: Nagpur, Amravati, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Pune and Nashik
District-wise distribution of houses under Ramai Awas Yojana 2018-19: Check complete list of approved houses under Ramai Housing Scheme 2018-19
- Amravati division – 14,614 houses (Amravati: 4103, Akola: 4000, Buldana: 2855, Yavatmal: 2656 and Washim: 1000)
- Nagpur (Vidarbha) division – 22,000 houses (Gadchiroli: 6851, Chanrapur: 4500, Wardha: 4400, Nagpur: 1300 and Bhandara: 1000)
- Nashik division – 18,896 houses
- Pune division – 12,830 houses
- Aurangabad division – 10,230 houses
- Mumbai Division – 3,746 houses
These houses will have all the basic amenities such as electricity, water, sanitation, roads etc. All those who are not eligible for the scheme needs to apply under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) housing scheme.
रमाई आवास योजनेत एक लाख घरे pic.twitter.com/u8WYAdw8fO
— CMO Maharashtra (@CMOMaharashtra) September 22, 2018