On September 2, 2021 Tamil Nadu Health Minister Mr. M Subramanian announced Unique Health Identification Card (UHID) to be launched for everyone in the state. Under this initiative the state government will provide UHID for everyone and through it people will be able to access the health care services in the state. It will help the state government to frame and implement the health schemes in the state. It tends to collect the required relevant data of the public into a digital health registry. This initiative was started in Krishnagiri district in Tamil Nadu as a pilot project.
|Initiative||Unique Health Identification Card (UHID)|
|Implemented under||Tamil Nadu Government|
|Announced By||Tamil Nadu Health Minister Mr. M Subramanian|
|Announcement Date||September 2, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||All the citizens in the state|
|Objective||To strengthen the health care mechanism and ensure easy health care access to the citizens of the state.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the initiative is to keep a record and check the health of the citizens in the state.
- Under this initiative each individual in the state will be provided with Unique Health Identification Card (UHID).
- This card will ensure easy and quick access to health care services available in the state.
- It will enable the state government to frame and implement required health care schemes.
- It will help the government to prioritize separate health care schemes for separate sections of beneficiaries.
- The state government has mainly planned this initiative for strengthening the health care system in the state thereby covering all the residents in the state.
- Tamil Nadu State Health Minster, M Subramanian announced Unique Health Identification Card (UHID) for each individual in the state.
- This initiative was announced on September 2, 2021.
- Under this initiative the state government has planned to collect the health related data of the residents.
- Government will roll out digital health registry for every beneficiary in the state.
- The UHID will ensure easy and quick access to health care services available in the state.
- It will help the state government to roll out specific health scheme for targeted beneficiaries as required.
- The state government will be able to keep a check and record of the health record of the residents.
- As a pilot project the UHID was implemented in Krishnagiri district of Tamil Nadu.
- Data of patients was added into digital health registry which helped the doctors to get the patient details when needed.
- This initiative will tend to strengthen the health care mechanism in the state.
- It will provide better health care access and ensure maintaining health life balance in the state.