On March 1, 2022 Tamil Nadu state government launched Skill Development Scheme-Naan Muthalvan for the students in the state. The launch was undertaken by Chief Minister MK Stalin. This scheme is launched to help the students learn new skills and improve their knowledge in relevant areas. Under this scheme the students will get training and opportunities in the fields of education, research and talent. Students will be encouraged to learn new skills. Proper guidance and professional counselling will be given to the students as required. This scheme intends to bridge the talent gap in the employment market. It aims at supporting youth for achieving their aspirations and shaping their future. This scheme aims to benefit about 10 lakh young people every year.
|Scheme Name||Skill Development Scheme – Naan Muthalvan|
|Launched Under||Tamil Nadu Government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister MK Stalin|
|Launch Date||March 1, 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Students studying in schools, colleges and universities in the state|
|Main Benefit||Training and opportunities in the fields of education, research and talent|
|Main Objective||To support the students to learn and improve new knowledge and skills.|
- The students will get training and opportunities in the fields of education, research and talent.
- All the students studying in schools, colleges and universities will be covered under this scheme.
- Students will get to learn new skills and gain knowledge in relevant areas of interest.
- Students will get proper guidance and professional counselling to the students.
- Guidance centres will be set in schools for assisting the students.
- It will support the youth to achieve their aspirations and shape their future.
- All the students studying in state owned schools, colleges and universities will be eligible under this scheme.
- Yet to be notified
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- DOB proof
- School/ College/ University certificate
- Passport sized photo