Women Scientist Scheme (WOS-A) is the scheme by Department of Science and Technology of Government of India. There are many such women who leave their career in between because of marital responsibility or maternal responsibilities. The role of women in India’s economy is very crucial, almost 70% of women are unemployed, and to make women in the age group of 30-50 years to revive their professional career there is this Women Scientist Scheme. Under this scheme the opportunities are generated and women’s are given scholarship to do research in basic applied science fields. Basically the scheme is divided into three categories. WOS-A, WOS-B and WOS-C.
Benefits of Women Scientist Scheme-A:
- Research grant of Rs. 23,00,000: To all who are desirous of pursuing their PH.D or equivalent to it for up to 3 years.
- Research grant of Rs. 20,00,000: For MSc and other equivalent degree grant of this amount is given which includes small equipment and working environment too.
- All extra parameters covered under the grant: Expenses like equipment, travelling, contingencies and consumables everything is covered.
Eligibility for Women Scientist Scheme-A:
- Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. Maximum age limit for this category is 35 years at the time of submission of the application. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 20,000/- PM
- Women scientists having a Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences or M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can apply up to the age of 50 years. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 35,000/- PM.
- Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged category. Attested copies of supporting documents in this regard must be enclosed.
- Person with academic gap because of family responsibility will be given more priority
Science streams supported by DST for scholarship
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Mathematical Science
- Life Science
- Earth Science
- Atmospheric Science
- Engineering Science
Document required for the scheme:
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
- Caste Certificate
- All previous education documents like mark sheets and degrees
- Research case study (synopsis, project reports, papers and thesis)
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Women Scientist Scheme-A:
There is only one important end where all beneficiaries can contact is Department of Science and Technology.
Dr. HB Singh,
Women Scientist Scheme-A
Department of Science and Technology
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Application Form to enroll for the scheme:
Application form available online are at this link http://www.dst.gov.in/sites/default/files/wos-a.pdf
References and Details:
- Women Scientist Scheme (WOS-A) official website: http://online-wosa.gov.in:8080/wosa/public/doWelcome.action
- FAQs: http://online-wosa.gov.in:8080/wosa/public/doWelcome.action#
- Online Project submission: http://online-wosa.gov.in:8080/wosa/public/openPESSubForm.action