The Chief Minister of Odisha Shree Navin Patnaik is planning to launch a mega health scheme called Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) to provide health assistance to the people of Odisha. The ambitious scheme is named after Biju Patnaik, one of the architects of modern Odisha and will provide assistance to the 70 lakh families in the Odisha. The scheme will be launched on 15th August 2018.
What is Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana? A mega health care scheme for people of Odisha, 70 lakh families will be given health assistance of Rs. 5 lakh.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana: Objectives
- To provide quality health care to everyone in Odisha
- To provide much needed support to the families in Odisha during the critical health conditions of the family members
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana: Benefits
- Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana: Health assistance of Rs. 5 lakh
- Five members of the family are covered
- Its a health assistance scheme and entire cost of the health care will be covered by the government
- The scheme will be applicable to all the government hospitals across Odisha
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC): Medicines and all health services will be provided free of cost
- Drop Back Assistance: Pregnant women will get travel assistance of Rs. 500 for travel for treatment as many in the state do not afford ambulance services
- 6.5 lakh pregnant women and children will get benefits of the scheme
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana: Eligibility
- The scheme is application only to the residents of the Odisha state only
- Upto five members in a family are covered under the scheme
- New born are children too are eligible
How to get benefits of the scheme?
People of Odisha can walk-in to any government hospitals in sub-centers to districts in Odisha. Medicine and all the health services will be provided free of cost under the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
- List of schemes in Odisha
- List of schemes & subsidies for pregnant women
- Healthcare schemes for senior citizens