The Government of Karnataka has announced Crop Loan Waiver Scheme (ರೈತಾರಾ ಸಲಾ ಮನ್ನಾ / ಬೆಳೆ / ರೈತರ ಸಾಲ ಮನ್ನಾ ಯೋಜನೆ) for marginal & poor farmers in the state. Farm loans upto Rs. 2 lakh will be waived off under the scheme. The primary objective of the scheme is to provide financial support to the drought hit farmers & reduce the burden on them.
What is Crop Loan Waiver Scheme: A Karnataka government scheme to provide loan waiver to the debt ridden farmers in the state.
Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme Karnataka Helpline
1077 / 1800 425 3553
- To reduce financial burden on the farmers
- To provide financial support to the marginal & poor farmers
- To provide fresh loans for the upcoming sowing season
- Loan wavier for loans upto to Rs. 2 lakh
- Farmers must be the citizens of Karnataka
- Agricultural loans by farmers only will be waived off
- Applicant farmer`s family members must not be in a government or private service
- Loans only upto Rs. 2 lakh will be waived off
- Loan taken during between April 2009 to December 2017 only will be considered
- Loans taken from cooperative banks only are eligible under the scheme
Last Date of Application: 31st December 2018
List of Required Documents for Application:
- Resident certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
- Passport size photograph
- Loan statement
- Land documents
How to Apply for Karnataka Crop Loan Waiver & Fresh Farm Loans?
- Farmers in Karnataka can enrol with the commercial banks in their districts
- Just go to the nearby branch & fill in the application form for the crop loan waiver scheme
- Provide self-attested photocopies of the required documents
- Submit your farm loan waiver application
- The application will be then uploaded to the system by the bank operators
- Your application will be reviewed by the government agencies
- Based on the approval loan waiver will be provided
Rs. 903.8 crore loan borrowed by 72,874 farmers from commercial banks & ₹139.38 crore borrowed by 33,886 farmers from cooperative banks will be waived off.