Government of Delhi is planning to launch a Free Teerth Darshan scheme for the senior citizens of the Delhi. Aam Aadmi Party lead Delhi Government will take old aged people to the Teerth Yatra. The pilgrimage will be completely free and government will bare all the expenses. The decision was taken after the CM Arvind Kejiwal`s meeting with the state Tourism Department and Teerth Yatra Committee.
The government has directed the Tourism Department to create draft of the scheme. Under the scheme 1,000 senior citizens will be chosen from all 70 constituencies in the national capital. They will be taken to the Free Teerth Yatra once the scheme is launched.
Places covered in the Delhi Free Teerth Yatra scheme are Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vrundawan, Mathura, Kedarnath, Badrinath etc. This will be bus tour. The Tourism Department of the Government of Delhi will implement the scheme. MLA`s from each of the constituencies will be asked to provide list of the citizens for the Free Teerth Yatra. The teerth yatra will start after Makar Sankranti 2018.
Highlights of the Free Teerth Yatra for senior citizens in Delhi:
- Government of Delhi to take senior citizens of the state for Teerth Yatra
- It will be free and government will pay for all the expenses
- 1000 senior citizens from 70 constituencies will be chosen for Yatra
- MLAs from 70 constituency be given the right to choose citizens from their constituency
- It will be bus tour and Delhi Tourism Department to implement the scheme