On August 31, 2021 Chief Minister Goa Mr. Pramod Sawant announced free water supply upto 16,000 liters per household in the state from September 1, 2021. This free water will be provided to the households in the state. This scheme intends to benefit about 60% of the residents of Goa. Under this scheme the residents will now onwards get zero water bill. People living in housing societies will also be covered under the scheme. Even the small businesses and restaurants in the state will now be switched from industrial category to commercial category and due to this their water bills will be reduced to a huge extent. The state government also urged people regarding not wasting the water.
|Scheme name||Goa Free Water Scheme|
|Scheme Under||Goa government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Pramod Sawant|
|Implementation Date||September 1, 2021|
|Main Beneficiaries||Households across the state|
|Benefit||Free water-supply up to 16,000 liters per household per month|
|Objective||To provide free water to everyone in the state aiming at their welfare.|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of this scheme is to help the residents of the state with free water supply
- Under the scheme up to 16,000 liters of water per household per month will be free of cost.
- Residents will get zero water bills and will not get sewage bills under this scheme
- Small business and restaurants will be charged as per commercial rates under this scheme instead of industrial rates.
- State government aims at provision of free water for everyone in the state
- It tends to ensure welfare of each and every part of the state.
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant virtually announced the start of implementation of the Free water scheme for all the households in the state from September 1, 2021.
- This announcement of implementation of the scheme was made by the CM on August 31, 2021.
- Under this scheme free water supply upto 16,000 liters per household per month will be provided to the households.
- This scheme intends to benefit about 60% of the residents of Goa.
- Under this scheme the residents will now onwards get zero water bill.
- People living in housing societies will also be covered under the scheme.
- Even the small businesses and restaurants in the state will now be switched from industrial category to commercial category and due to this their water bills will be reduced to a huge extent.
- The state government has also increased the One Time Settlement period for water bill defaulters in the state by 2 more months.
- This scheme aims at benefitting the people in the state will zero water bills throughout from the month of September, 2021.
- It will intend for welfare of the residents in the state.
- During the launch CM also urged the residents to not waste water.
- With the launch of this scheme, Goa has become the first state in the country to provide free water to its residents.