The BJP led government in Uttar Pradesh has finally decided to implement Hausala Paushan Scheme (HPS) in the state. This scheme was launched in 2016 in the state by Samajwadi Party. The objective of this scheme to eradicate malnutrition from the state and provide nutritious food to the pregnant mothers and children in the state. Under the scheme the nutrition food will be provided to 10 lakh pregnant women along with 14 lakh malnourished children between the age group of 6 month to 6 years in the Anganwadi centers of their respective gram sabhas. 500 gm of deshi ghee, seasonal fruits and food will be provided to malnourished children and women.
The Human Development Index (HDI) in the state is very low due to the undernourishment in children and women. Uttar Pradesh stand in bottom four in the child nutrition index followed by Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Daman and Diu. 35% of the children in Uttar Pradesh are underweight according to the states own data. All such children identified based on the information are identified as beneficiaries of supplementary nutrition programme under ICDS.
What is Hausala Paushan Scheme (HPS)? The government of Uttar Pradesh scheme to provide nutritious food to pregnant women and malnourished children.
Hausala Paushan Scheme (HPS): Objectives
- To provide nutritious food to pregnant women and malnourished children
- To eradicate malnourishment from the state
- To improve the Human Development Index of the state
Hausala Paushan Scheme (HPS): Eligibility/Who can apply?
- Applicable to the residents of the Uttar Pradesh only
- Pregnant women
- Malnourished children between the age group of 6 month to 6 years in the Anganwadi
Hausala Paushan Scheme (HPS): Benefits
- Nutritious food will be provided
- 500 gm of deshi ghee, seasonal fruits and food will be provided
Hausala Paushan Scheme (HPS): Implementation & Highlights
- This scheme was launched in the state in 2016 by Samajwadi Party government
- BJP lead government to implement the scheme
- Pregnant women and malnourished children to get benefited
- 10 lakh pregnant women and 14 lakh malnourished children age between 6 months & 6 years will get nutritious food
- This nutritious food will be given in Anganwadi centers in respective gram sabhas
- 62,728 children fall in the Grade III and IV severely malnourished categories in UP
- Under the Supplementary Nutrition Programme (SNP), 2 crore children are identified
- Under the ICDS, nearly 50 lakh pregnant women and lactating mothers covered
Others Important Schemes
- List of schemes & subsidies in Uttar Pradesh
- List of schemes for child
- List of schemes for pregnant women