The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Shree. Jai Ram Thakur launched Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana (MSY) in the state. The objective of the scheme is to provide employment opportunities to the youth in the state and to empower them. Under the scheme the state government will provide assistance to youth to start self-employment ventures in the state. The announcement was made on the occasion of the four year completion ceremony of the Jai Ram Thakur government. He also launched Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana (GSY) to provide LPG connections to the HP households and Jan Manch a programme to address public grievances in an effective manner.
Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana (MSY) Objectives:
- To provide employment opportunities to the youth in Himachal
- To provide financial assistance to the youth to start self-employment ventures
- To empower youth in the state financially and socially
- To create jobs in the state through self-employment
Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana (MSY) Eligibility:
- The scheme is applicable to the people residing in the Himachal Pradesh only
- The scheme is applicable to the youth in the age group of 18-35 years only
Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana (MSY) Benefits:
- 25% investment subsidy for purchase of machinery on an input or investment of Rs 40 lakh
- In case of women entrepreneurs the subsidy will be 30% on the investment of Rs. 40 lakh
- Interest subsidy of 5% for 3 years on the loan upto Rs. 40 lakh
- Land on 1% rent to the youth
- Reduced stamp duty of 3% on purchase of land instead of 6%
Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana (MSY): Application form & how to apply?
The MSY scheme is just announced by the government and application form and application procedure for online registration is yet to be announced by the government. This section will be updated as soon as the details are available.
More Details & References:
- Government of Himachal Pradesh official website: himachal.nic.in
- Himachal Pradesh Labour & Employment
- Himachal Pradesh Youth Services & Sports
- List of government schemes & subsidies