Madhya Pradesh government has started Nal Jal Yojana (NJY) scheme to provide clean and potable drinking waters for all. Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri. Shivraj Singh Chauhan has announced this scheme. Under the scheme, the government will provide drinking water to all the houses in all the villages across MP. River Narmada flows through the most of the Madhya Pradesh cities and villages and is the source of water for the state.The government is planning to provide piped water connections to the households in the state. Under the scheme each of the household will be connected with water pipelines. The government installing the pipelines in districts and villages of the state. Majority of the villages, cities and remote areas are facing water crises and the Nal Jal Yojana will provide much needed relief to the citizens. 60 lakh citizens will benefit from the scheme.
What is Nal Jal Yojana (NJY)? A government of MP scheme to provide clean drinking water through pipelines to all the households across Madhya Pradesh.
Nal Jal Yojana (NJY): Objective
- To provide clean and potable drinking water to all the households in the MP
- To make sure the water is provided regularly
- To make sure that every one in the state has water
Nal Jal Yojana (NJY): Who can apply?
- The scheme is applicable only to the residents of the MP
- Any one in the state who need water connection can apply
Nal Jal Yojana (NJY): Implementation & Highlights
- A scheme to provide water connections to all in the MP
- River Narmada`s water will be used for the scheme
- Government will be installing pipelines in districts and villages across MP
- People living in the rural areas are the key beneficiaries of the scheme
- 60 lakh people will benefit from the scheme this year
- The implementation of the scheme will start in 12,131 villages in MP
- Government is also planning to provide solar power to 2,000 adivasi villages in the state
- The proposal is to provide drinking water to 14,800 villages of 40 districts of the state under this scheme
More details & References
- Panchayat & Rural Development Department, Madhya Pradesh
- List of schemes & subsidies of Madhya Pradesh