PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana a subsidized LPG scheme was launched by the government of Gujarat for BPL (Below Poverty Lines) families in the state. The objective of the scheme is to help women in the BPL families and to make cooking safe and nonhazardous. The scheme was announced on the 1st May Gujarat Day. Under the PNG Sahay Yojana the Gujarat government will provide a subsidy of Rs. 1,600 on each of the connection where as deposit of Rs. 5,000 can be paid by the consumer in the monthly EMI of Rs. 50 each.
The PNG Sahay Yojana is a supplimentary scheme an extension to the center government`s ambitious Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The scheme will be implemented by the City Gas Distribution (CGD) agencies in their respective pipe network areas. The scheme will save Rs. 200 for the BPL families in the state. In the first phase, the scheme will cover eight municipal corporations and 24 districts headquarters. Rs 72 crore allocated for the first phase of this scheme. Gujarat is the first state with proposed 25,000 km of the gas pipeline with which PNG will be supplied to the semi-urban and rural areas. Gujarat Gas and Adani Gas will be government`s partner in implementing scheme.
What is PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana? A scheme by Gujarat government for BPL families in the state to provide subsidized cooking gas / PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas).
PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana: Objective
- To provide clean fuel in the households for cooking
- To make cooking safe and non-hazardous for housewives
- To provide subsidized cooking gas
- To improve the quality life for the women in the state
PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana: Benefits
- Subsidy of Rs. 1,600 for the gas connection
- Monthly installments of Rs. 50 for the refundable deposit of Rs. 5,000
- Gas connection through the direct pipnlines to the household
- Safe and non-hazardous cooking
- Subsidy on the gas connections along with easy installments for deposit
PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana: Eligibility
- Only for residents of Gujarat
- Below poverty line (BPL) families
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) eligible families
PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana: Application form & How to apply?
Application form and application details can be obtained from the local gas distributors. Government is yet to announce online application procedure and application form for th PNG Sahay Yojana. Once the details are available this section will be updated.
PNG/LPG (Piped Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Sahay Yojana: Implementation & Highlights
- Sunsidized PNG gas connection through pipelines for BPL families in the Gujarat
- The first phase of the scheme started from the Bharuch district
- Under the scheme, the state government will provide one time subsidy of Rs. 1,600 for the gas connection
- Deposit Rs. 5,000 for the scheme can be paid in monthly installments of Rs. 50
- The state government has a pipeline network covering 25000 km for gas distribution
- Gujarat has 1.8 million households connected to PNG
- In the next phase of this pilot project, the scheme will also be expanded to other municipal corporations & districts
- New PNG/LPG Sahay Scheme 2018 is basically for BPL families in urban areas where the gas distribution network is already present
Other Important Schemes: