Pradhan Mantri Free Silai Machine Yojana is a new Central Government scheme launched for the benefit of women mainly belonging to the lower income groups. Under this scheme, free sewing machines will be provided to the eligible women. The main aim of this scheme is to empower women, to make them self-reliant. It will provide them employment opportunities as well as they can also start their own sewing work.
|Scheme name:||Pradhan Mantri Free Silai Machine Yojana|
|Scheme Under:||Central Government|
|Benefit:||Free Sewing machine|
|Beneficiaries:||Women belonging to poor and lower income groups|
|Major Objective:||To increase employ-ability and make women self-reliant|
|Mode of Application:||offline|
- The main objective of the scheme is to make women self-reliant and independent, thus improving their overall conditions
- It aims to increase the employ-ability of women belonging to rural, lower income groups
- The provision of free sewing machines will enable the women to start their own sewing and embroidery work
- This scheme aims at making the women Aatmanirbhar i.e. self-reliant and self sufficient
- It aims at improving the overall socio-economic welfare conditions of women as a whole
- This scheme will provide sewing machines to the eligible women free of cost
- It will make them employable for suitable employment opportunities
- It will provide them various employment and self-employment opportunities
- Under this scheme, both Rural and Urban women belonging to lower income groups/ poor category are included
- This will improve the socio-economic conditions of women across the country.
- Minimum age of the woman applying under the scheme is 20 years and maximum is 40 years
- Annual family income should not more than Rs. 12000
- Applicant must be a resident of Haryana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Bihar. (Currently the scheme is running in the mentioned states, soon it will be functioning across the country.
- Aadhaar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Age Proof
- Pwd certificate (if applicable)
- Income proof (from tehsildar)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Relevant proof in case of Widow/Deserted wife
- Proof of knowing tailoring
- Mobile No.
- Passport size photo
How to Apply:
- To apply under this scheme, the woman should visit the official national portal @ india.gov.in
- Download the form available on the portal and take a printout of the same.
- Fill in the required details like, full name, gender, age, DOB, address, annual income, etc
- Applicant should also mention the reason for applying for the sewing machine, training, attach photo and sign the form.
- Attach the required documents to the duly filled form and submit the same in the block office or concerned office.
- After submission, the form will be examined and verified and then the sewing machine will be allotted to the eligible applicants.
- In case of false or fraud information, the application stands cancelled