The Government of Delhi has increased the financial assistance to the leprosy patients to Rs. 3,000 per month under the Rehabilitation Centre for Leprosy (RCL) Scheme. Earlier they used to get Rs. 1,800 per month. The increase is proposed by the Social Welfare Department in Delhi.
What is Rehabilitation Centre for Leprosy (RCL) Scheme? Scheme for the welfare of leprosy patients, they are given financial assistance for ration, medicines cloths, beading etc.
- To provide financial assistance to the leprosy patients
- To make sure that they have money for the ration, medicines etc
- Financial assistance of Rs. 3,000 per month
Eligibility / Who can apply?
- The scheme is applicable only in Delhi
- Only leprosy patients in Delhi are eligible
How to apply for the scheme?
Patients can contact Social Welfare Department Delhi or any government medical hospital for details on the scheme. They will provide application form along with details on how to apply for the scheme.
Rehabilitation Centre for Leprosy (RCL) Scheme Key Highlights
- The financial assistance under RCL hiked to Rs. 3,000 per month
- It is given for dry ration, medicines, cloths and beading etc
- The hike is approved by the Delhi Cabinet headed by CM Aravind Kejriwal
- The scheme started in 1981 and amended in 1993
- The patients used to get only ration, medicines, cloths and bed during those times
- In 1989 government started giving cash of Rs. 300 alternative of ration, medicines, cloths and bed
- In 2009 the financial assistance is hiked to Rs. 1,800 per month
- There are total 562 beneficiaries of the scheme
- Mycobacterium leprae causes Leprosy and it is a chronic infectious disease
- It is also called as Hansen’s disease
- It can happen to person of any age group
- It mainly affects skin, bones and nerves